Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:swearin: Here is the problem, I've got an Erebuni front bumper which was installed by a local body shop. Supposedly they installed it so that it could be easily removed. A year later I have a short in my front right turn signal and have to have the whole headlight replaced. The dealership attempted to remove it but found that the local body shop had installed the bumper, screwed it to the white bumper bracket attached to the fender, and then painted it. The body shop swears they can just cut the screw to take it off and reinstall it with the screw in the other direction. There is no way in hell they can get to the screw to cut it. They say that they never put anything on that can't be taken off. Is anyone experienced with fiberglass and know if there is another way to do it, or should I let the body shop try it, fail, and attempt to get them to refinish the bumper? I'm just looking for what you guys think about the situation. :swearin:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bodyshop is going to fix it. The whole bumper is fiberglass and they have to sand it down so that the dealership can repaint it. I'll get the whole bumper refinished for $150 for the cost of paint and a little labor at the dealership. Hopefully it will be better than the bodyshop's paint job, which is flaking off after 10 months.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
^^ Word.

And you're right, the body shop is pretty stupid. The only reason I can think of why they would do that is so the bumper fits better.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been thinking about the dealership charging for repainting. The thing is they scratched the hell out of my fender and bumper on the right side. The shop manager said he would have to repaint the whole fender so that it would look right. Wouldn't he have to paint the whole bumper to match the paint. Not an expert, but I know it's hard to fade paint in especially on fiberglass. They are no where near surface scratches, they are more like grooves. Do I have an arguement?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
BlazCop6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing