Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for all of you who read all the topics in this forum u probably already know im about to make a fiberglass box for my two alpine swr-1222ds....

the main question i have now is what angles should i position them at

ima make a box similar to this one

im gonna put both subs in one box on the driver side (easier access to jack and closer to the 60 split of the rear seats) So i was wondering about angles, i know with my current sub, it sounds different in different positions, facing the cab it carrys more outisde the car but inside the car it kinda lacks, when its sideways it kinda loses a few notes it seems, and when i have it facing towards the rear she sounds the best.

with the box ima make rear firing isnt too possible, so to get to the point... where should i angle the subs
(yes i know bass isnt really heard directional but it does make a difference in the perception sometimes)

my initial thoughts were to aim one towards the '40' split and one towards the passengar side of the trunk, probably aimed level (not up nor down)

so advise away

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Did mine differently...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yea,I did mine differently too,and even with the box bolted down I still have access to tire and accessories without moving anything. Good Luck though!

Got a beauty board on the backside for the amps/crossover too. I still have to do some stuff though to make it prettier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Mazda0to6ty
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing