Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a coule of weeks of waiting the hood and trunk finally came in.

After alot of scary drilling on the hood and trunk everything that came off the factory parts will go back on the fiber images pieces.

After alot of adjusting the hood fitss pretty good also, but I do have and issue with the hood sitting a little too high by the passengerside headlight. After seeing how perfect the trunk fits I think the hood issue is probably my fault, hopefuly when I give Fiber Images a call they can help me get it perfect.

The weave on both the hood and trunk is absolutly perfect.

After seeing some Cf trunks that fit horribly, I just can't get over how good this trunk fits--It looks like it could have come from the factory.

Overall I'm very happy with the quality of the parts. As usual the service from RPM was great, I would definatly do buisness with them again.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
wow looks realy good are you gonna paint any of the pieces or just leave it be

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow looks realy good are you gonna paint any of the pieces or just leave it be
[/b]

I'm probably going to paint paint the edge of the hood from the edge by the grille up to the windshield at the corner. I'm also thinking about painting about one inch in from te sides of the trunk just to help hide the edges of the CF.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I think it looks good, but I don't know about adding back the rear spoiler. I personally probably would have sourced a third brake light for the interior of a 6 and added that instead.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Looks nice, good job.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it looks good, but I don't know about adding back the rear spoiler. I personally probably would have sourced a third brake light for the interior of a 6 and added that instead.
[/b]

I had planned on leaving the spoiler off, but even though I told fiber images not to drill the holes for the spoiler you could still see the outline of where they should have been in the gelcoat(I guess they are in the mold). It looked really bad and my bodyshop didn't think that they could fix it and still show the CF. I figuered I was was going to have to have the shop paint it to hide the outlines, I might as well just put the spoiler back on and save a little money.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It would be nice if they would make a matching CF lip spoiler. My car is white and the white spoiler on the CF trunk would look gay.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I think it looks really good but I think I'd like it better if you took the spoiler off.
[/b]
unfortunately...it sounds and looks like he already drilled the wholes for the spoiler in the cf trunk.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
paint the trunk, i know it doesnt give the cf look, but i think it doesnt look as good. Or at least like the part of the trunk thats facing the other cars, im just wierd though. THE HOOD LOOKS VERY NICE THOUGH. idk bout the trunk though, i think its something i would have to get used to.

EDIT: if you look at your first picture, it looks like the cf stops at the tail lights which i think looks very good with the spoiler. The top looks sleek and it looks like it stops right before the tail light. But then with the second pic, idk i dislike the backing even though it looks very customy (if thats a word).

Nice car though man. Go with what you like. Just giving some suggestions.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yea, it would be nice if they had a matching cf lip spoiler. But i like it... :yesnod:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Very nice! Glad to see that you are satisfied with the trunk. One thing that might help seal the hood better to the headlights is get another set of weather stripping, that's what I ened up doing on mine.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
looks good. where do they have these hoods available for the 6?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did not see these on the FI.com site. What was the cost of each?

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 20 of 26 Posts