1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
682 Posts
Heh - that's pretty funny. Looks like it was shot at Monza.

Any guesses as to how old that video is? I would guess that Schumi's car is '96 or '97 vintage.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If that was a f430 instead of a 575 then the f1 car would not have cought up
[/b]

If it was a F430 and it was a F2004 instead of the vintage F1, then the F2004 would have still won.

I think the entire point of this video is to show that we really don't know what true speed is until we experience it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish they could have added more humor to exaggerate the time difference ike the 575 driver sipping a cup of coffee and reading the paper or the F1 driver waking up and getting dressed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
definitely not Monza. sadly it's the same course where Ayrton Senna was killed. the Autodromo Enzo & Dino Ferrari in Imola, San Marino. it's also pre grooved tire rule, so before the 1998 season. Schummacher moved to Ferrari in 1996... sooooo.... it either happened in 1996 or 97. the good ole days before Max Mosley and his stupid rules changed the sport forever. i.e. made it boring. 2008 will be even worse IMHO. sorry, that's not what this thread is about.

anyway, nice find. McLaren Mercedes did (almost exactly) the same around the same time with David Coulthard... don't know who did it first, but here it is [google video] http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=29...5431405810&q=f1

-s

·
Registered
261 Posts
"Dude, I almost had you."

Nice find!
[/b]
My vote for the most perfect response I've seen in a long time. I'm still laughing my butt off. Raynman, you da man!!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
My vote for the most perfect response I've seen in a long time. I'm still laughing my butt off. Raynman, you da man!!
[/b]
Don't encourage the peanut gallery. :)

I used to have archived vids of F1 cars racing fighterplanes for PR purposes. IIRC There's one of Schumi racing the Eurofighter. I dug this one from video google of Villeneuve racing an F-104.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
VINTAGE YEEAAAAH! :dmetal:

So who ends up winning? It doesn't really show. The plane in the long run of course but, were they racing towards a goal line / finish line or something?
[/b]
Yeah, at the very end, you see the F1 race towards the checkered flag. Then they show a few vantage point from the Ferrari with the F1 behind it then racing right past it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
blaeznazn24
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing