Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we only took my car back to Sumter and left her van here in Columbia, whenever she had to go somewhere, she used the Mazda. Not a problem she had driven it once before and I told her what to look out for to not destroy the front bumper (Which I did anyway*) and how to overcome bumps and grades with minimal scraping.

So she is alone on Old Camden Hwy, which is a residential street that as soon as you leave someone's driveway, you have to be doing 60 MPH (the speed limit). Even though there was no traffic she told me she gunned it, while not spinning any tires, but still putting her back in the seat and a smile across her face. She has been bit.

And this from the same girl who would sit in the passenger seat and say, "Why are you doing that? Isn't that bad for the engine?". Of course I would explain to her it helps clear out any carbon buildups with those high RPMs and it's just fun as hell.

* Ever since getting that AutoEXE V1 bumper, I have regretted it. It looks great and all, but it's not practical for me on stock suspension with the ass long suspension travel. So every minor bump, grade or incline, causes it to scrape and drag. I first damaged it out in Bishopville, visiting a friend on a dirt road, a bump with apparently alot of packed sand and going 5 MPH caused it to split the bumper underneath in the middle, at the passenger side tab where it secures to the frame underneath and cracked on the passenger side of the bumper, but barely noticable. Then more recently at Longhorn, I turned too late and too wide and scraped the lower side lip on the passenger side against a curb. Then finally yesterday, pulling into Bojangles in Sumter, for some God unknown reason, the entrance steeps up from the road and then drops sharply into the parking lot (Was it just the drunk architects of South Carolina or is there some damn reason to make every entrance so steeply sloped?). Since Bojangles is on my left on the very busy SC 521, I don't have the luxury of going 2 MPH and angling it just right to make it over with minimal scraping. I tried going as slow as possible, but that was not good enough. There is now about a half-dollar size chunk missing around the center at the bottom of the lip, very visible now.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant you just throw the stock front end back on?
[/b]
It got damaged and I chucked it into the dumpster when I had this one put on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
todras
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing