Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am rolling my own fenders now so that i don't hear that annoying sound anymore or tear up my tires. i'm using a ball bat and a a thick towel from k-mart ( so i don't damage the paint) i got most of it done today and will have to use a smaller bat or stick this weekend to get the inner part of the fenders. i'll take pix when i get it all the way done or will just take sum pix in the mourn to show my progress. this takes 20+ mins. but i have to work harder on drivers side (lots of rubbing has happened thur).

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: Fender Roling

I didn't know this was a do-it-yourself job. Can't wait to see the pictures... I've always thought flared fenders with a wider stance would look pretty cool. The MPS has flared fenders.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Fender Rolling'

it's actually tucking the fenders in a lil bit so they don't scrub the tires as much and doesn't cut into the tires.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Whodiddy- If you can take a picture of where you are placing the bat in the fender I would appreciate it. That way I can have a better idea of where to place it if I have to do it in the future. Thanks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Reading Topic: Fender Rolling

What about the paint cracking? No problems? Do you think rolling the fenders gives you enough room to use the Eibach lowering springs? Also what's the offset of your rims?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Basically there are little machines to do that properly. Car garages should have them (you can't buy them); they can do it for you professionally. The paint has to be heated in order not to crack. The rolled fender should be sealed afterwards. That way no water will stay in there and let it rust sooner. Should cost approx. not more than 100 bucks. If you want it done right it's definitely worth spending that money.

·
Registered
35 Posts

this is something to be extremely careful with...it is very very easy to damage the fender severely.

·
Registered
35 Posts

yeah, i am a stone cold pimp.

my friend tried to do it with a fawking framing hammer...you dont wanna know how that little expedition finished.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

yeah! looks and sounds great! nomore scrubbing! i'll do pix soon. didn't mess up anything.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Cool man, looking forward to the pics.Do you think now with the fenders rolled you would still be able to use the Eibach springs? What is the offset of your rims?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

yeah... np now with the rubbing. i don't even here a single scrape now after goin over the same bumps now. i think my rims are either a +42 or +45 offset. not 2 sure. i'll take pix when i get batteries for my digi.;)

·
Registered
201 Posts

Whodiddy did you ever have a chance to get those pics of how to roll your fenders with a bat?? I'm thinking about rolling my fenders that way also but i just need an idea of how to position the bat and the towel. I'm kinda in the dark on the subject since i've had it done at a shop on my last car! By the way i saw the drop with the springs....lookin good bro!!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts