Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figure w/ the number of people coming I'm not the only one that would like to roll their fenders the right way. I will plan on renting the roller and we'll split up the cost. This guy in Dallas rents a roller for $50. Emailed him about renting for the meet.
Interested:
1. austinhusker
2. pololance6i
3. Blue Solrac
4. 6Venom
5. wheelwatcher
6. jage
7. Zoom Zoom Diva
8. darminion
9. Xardis
10. raptorX
11. phreex

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
So I figure w/ the number of people coming I'm not the only one that would like to roll their fenders the right way. I will plan on renting the roller and we'll split up the cost. This guy in Dallas rents a roller for $50. Emailed him about renting for the meet.
Interested:
1. austinhusker
2. pololance6i
[/b]
Although I don't need to get it done now because I have stock wheels, I'll go ahead and do it since I will probably have to in the future. I'm in.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. Not everybody needs it now but if you ever plan to put wheels on your car might as well do it now when the tool will be available.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Where do you plan on rolling the fenders?

Is this a parking lot proceedure or do you prefer a garage?

I've got a 3-car I could make available. Floor jack, jack-stands etc...

John :cool:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you plan on rolling the fenders?

Is this a parking lot proceedure or do you prefer a garage?

I've got a 3-car I could make available. Floor jack, jack-stands etc...

[/b]
I was just going to do it in the parking lot wherever we meet but a garage or really a driveway would be nice. Just involves jacking the car up and pulling the wheels. Roller attaches to the rotor and you roll it around the fender increasing tension as you go. Fairly simple procedure. We'll see how many sign up for it and go from there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes but a heat gun requires electricity so unless someone has an upgraded alternator and massive ac/dc converter (heat guns can suck some serious juice), we're going to have to do it in a shop or garage. I wouldn't do it without a heat gun.

Oh btw, getting my fenders rolled is definitely a needed thing at the moment so I'm 90% positive I'll be joining you guys for that alone.

·
Registered
695 Posts
txwagon, can we use your house for this project??

i know you said something earlier, but i just want to make sure we have a place for this.
[/b]
You bet!

I figure 2 cars in the garage at one time. One getting rolled and the other waiting to get rolled.

I'll just be drinking beer as I watch. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally heard back from the guy w/ the roller. It's reserved for us that weekend now. $50 + $300 deposit. I'll cover the deposit and we'll just divide the $50 evenly.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
15 Participants
dfw6er
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing