• NO...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems that NO ONE in the VT area knows what fender rolling is, let alone a tool to rent...

I am considering renting a tool for a wk.

It would most likely be towards the end of Sept - early Oct.

Who's interested? We could meet somewhere in the middle (it doesn't have to be right near me)

As for $$ involved, it would either be $10-$15 for a roll to help cover the cost of the retal depending on the final costs...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YESSSS !!!!!!

please lets do this, i want to roll mine bad so i can get the wheels i want.....

i will drive 3 hours if i have too :D

and dont feel bad, no one in Maine knows what it is either.....
[/b]
HAHA... ok... I guess your vote is yes! :D

I know what you mean...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'd like to go to see how this process works. I don't think I'll need one anytime soon (if ever), but I've never seen this done. If you have it somewhere within about a 2hr drive of me I'll go.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually own a fender roller if you guys wanna meet up one day. PM me.
[/b]
I sent you a PM...

I'd like to go to see how this process works. I don't think I'll need one anytime soon (if ever), but I've never seen this done. If you have it somewhere within about a 2hr drive of me I'll go.
[/b]
It seems like a pretty cool process (I read the How To on 6tech)....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Depending if sKills is willing to drive that might limit the meet to the NY area... Which might be kinda far for some people... Personally, I don't mind taking a 5hr drive but that's just me...

Once I hear back from sKills I will post some more details of when/where we can do this!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I already have my fenders rolled but if there is a group getting together I might just stop by. I'm in Pittsfield, MA about 45 min from albany.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone else?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Meeee. I'll meet anywhere north of Jersey :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok Guys,

I talked to sKills and he is in Queens, NY...

What I am thinking is :

My parents live next to Middletown, NY and there is enough room that we could have a fender rolling meet there... I am thinking sometime in OCT....

Who would be willing to make the trip?

Of course I am waiting on sKills to reply, since it's his tool and I don't know if he would be willing to make the 1 1/2hr trip from queens... But if he is, then we can do this!!!

So let me know who would be willing to get together and once I hear from him, I want to post this in the Tri-State forum aswell to get some more people...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nope, sorry but I don't think I want to drive 4.5hrs to see the whole fender rolling thing. Good luck though.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope, sorry but I don't think I want to drive 4.5hrs to see the whole fender rolling thing. Good luck though.
[/b]
Ya I kinda guessed that... But if something changes or I end up renting online anyway, I will let you know...

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'd be intereted but it would have to be a little closer to Burlington - I'm also going to be out of town for a good chunk of Sept and Oct (love my job) so I may be unable to attend in any event, whatever you line up.

Waiting lists are often long for tool rental, but there have to be other enthusiasts in the area (VW, Honda, whatever) that we should be able to get enough local people together [even if we have to trawl non-Mazda forums :p] to make it worthwhile. We could consider buying one for the event and then sell on e-bay afterwards, another popular strategy - maybe next spring? I park my car for the winter, no rubbing issues so I'm not worried if I don't get to it this year.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok I talked to sKills and if we can get 5 people total that need fenders rolled he will do it.

We would have to meet in Middletown,NY and he charges $50 to do each roll...

If people are interested in this, let me know (PM - POST - E-Mail )

If not, I am still going to play to rent a tool and do it in the northern, VT/NH area and set up a meet then...
I just hope it's not TOO huge of a wait for the tool rental...

·
Registered
535 Posts
I agree....hopefully we can get something going though, my Mazdaspeed springs came today!!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you guys do a meet in the NH/VT area, I'll be there (just not this weekend). If someone wants to set up a meet for next weekend, say sept 9th, I'll def go. As I said I don't need a rolling, but I'd love to see how it's done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts