Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the site. Not 100% sure this is where I need to post. Either way, I have a 6i with 18"s and the fender scrapes bad. I was once told by an idiotic source that nothing short of smaller tires or stiffer shocks could fix this. Now I hear about this fender rolling device and was wondering. Does anyone know where I can rent one in Louisianna, Lake Charles area?! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
232 Posts
there's a guy that has a fender rolling tool down here in br. i think he does alot of 240s. i can try to get a number if you want

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I used to live in the Lake Charles area. If I remember correctly, Pumpelly's told me they had a fender rolling tool. But, if you can't find one in your area, just use a baseball bat so as not to wait too long and ruin your tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to live in the Lake Charles area. If I remember correctly, Pumpelly's told me they had a fender rolling tool. But, if you can't find one in your area, just use a baseball bat so as not to wait too long and ruin your tires.
[/b]
Thanks for the info guys. Unfortuneatly I have already ruined a set of tires because I was told there is nothing to be done. So when I get home from deployment I will try the bat thing. I am just afraid to mess up my car, lol. If anyone has some pictures of how to do it properly that would be great!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. It's really easy though...but if you use a bat, you have to be a little careful about it. All you need to do is gently roll the inside lip of the fender well upwards. I'll post pix if you want. If you have a heat gun, it helps to "soften" the metal and aid in bending it. It's not hard...just takes a little patience.

There might be a place in DeRidder that has a tool. Call O'Reilleys or places like that. There's a tire shop across the street from the big church on the North side of town (at the intersection of 171 and Texas Hwy, I think) that does a lot of suspension work. They might have a tool.

·
Registered
110 Posts
For illustrated instructions of how to use the roller, go to mazda6tech.com. The heat gun softens the paint to help prevent cracking. I look forward to seeing some instructions on how to use a baseball bat. When you get back, post again for interest in your area. Might be a weekend of rolling with other Mazda enthusiasts.

Keep you head down. WE want you back in one piece!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Luckily the combat tour is pretty much over for me and we are preparing equipment for redeployment to the states. That would be great to find and possibly roll with a group of other people who actually think the Mazda 6 is a great car. Lol my friends like it because they have ridden with me. I am talking to Tea on possibly getting some info on mods. I will have to check on DeRidder as its only 20 minutes away from me. Again I could also try the bat method! Than kyou guys for your help and information!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts