Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a reliable shop who could roll the fenders on my Mazdaspeed6 in Fairfirld county, Connecticut ?

Tried a few places and no-one seems to know what the hell I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Are you trying to call body shops? Those are the folks that generally do that kind of work.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i know a guy here in milford that has one...you're probably looking for a reputable place, though...I know my friend's father owns a repair place that could do it in stratford...don't know about the price or the name but ill find out tomorow.

BTW where in fairfield county are you?

Good to see more CT speed6's!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I actually ended up finding a post on an Audi forum that detailed rolling the fenders with a piece of PVC piping and a heat gun. I gave this method a try on the weekend and it has turned out pretty well. The process was fairly simple, although it was pretty hard and time consuming to get everything smoothed out properly. However, once I'd begun I could hardly go back.

I suspect that with the correct tools this would be a very straightforward task.

I am in Ridgefield in CT.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
good to see another CTer.. i am just south of you in Norwalk

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I'm trying to do mine right now with a baseball bat. I've got one side pretty well done, and about half of the other one. I got too hot and needed a break though, this is a pretty ghetto job, bending metal with a damn bat :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
MZBuckeye
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing