Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of part numbers for 1st gen front fender fasteners.

The Auveco part number for the shiny, 1/4 turn fasteners that hold the front fender and liner together is 19315. This is the Philips head fastener that can be seen just inside the wheel wells.

Instead of buying a box of threaded fasteners for the inner splash shields next to the engine, I bought item 19118, a simple push-pull fastener that has two notches 180 degrees apart. This way, instead of messing with a threaded fastener that might have dirt or sand in the threads, you can just use a tool to grab at the notches.

Attachments

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
I see a trip to Fastenal this afternoon...
Noticed several of the fasteners in rough shape when swapping out the front axles, and will be back in there this weekend replacing my FSB bushings...

Thank you for posting the part numbers karlt10

·
Super Moderator
16,774 Posts
Fantastic. Thanks karlt.

I refuse to get these from the stealership, and I snapped a couple by accident the last time I pulled my bumper off.

@ Flip and Ti, Fastenal? Never heard of it/them.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,774 Posts
Thanks Ti - too bad they make you buy 15 in a package, I only need 3 lol. I'll probably just end up sharing them with the other NE guys.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Parts stores have these in baggies, all types and sizes for cheap. No way I'd pay dealership prices for a fancy fastener.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I know this doesn't really belong in this thread but just thought I'd ask instead of making a new one......
Do u know if these fasteners shown in the first post also fit the 2nd Gen 6?

I'm thinking they do just wanna be sure......

·
Super Moderator
16,774 Posts
my car is apart enough that I break them on a regular basis. All it takes is me stepping on one.
Haha that's how I broke two of mine. :mad:

The other one was exactly what Karlt was talking about, how if they get dirty at all then they just spin and you can't get them out. So I took a flathead to the 3rd one that broke lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts