Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. First-time member and post. Thank you in advance for any advice regarding my question. I hit a deer a few weeks ago and my 2011 Mazda6 i-sport sedan needed a new bumper among repairs and a few other things. Upon getting the car back, I see that the bumper doesn't align well with the right fender near the headlight (the deer hit was actually on the left side of the car). The fender sticks out with a gap of about a quarter inch. When I took it back to be fixed, the Mazda body guy said that the clip(s) doesn't work well and that this is a design flaw. He said the best they can do is to glue the bumper and fender together there. Doesn't sound like the right solution to
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
me. Does this sound normal? Thanks. Dennis

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I suspect that a certain frame isn't aligned and the guy just said to use glue because he doesn't know how to fix it. I had that one on my CR-V 98 and I complained so they fixed it.

It might be worth mentioning that when I say complain, I am kind and always say "please". So far, it has always worked and with good results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect that a certain frame isn't aligned and the guy just said to use glue because he doesn't know how to fix it. I had that one on my CR-V 98 and I complained so they fixed it.

It might be worth mentioning that when I say complain, I am kind and always say "please". So far, it has always worked and with good results.
Thanks for the advice. I will try that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would tell your insurance company to reopen the claim and get it fixed on a "supplemental estimate" cause damage was found after the initial fix.
Thank you. I agree. My insurance company should know there is still a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts