Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm putting a feeler out there if there would be any interest for a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica with 80,000 all original miles from the original owner.

It very much even pains me to do this, but I am considering letting go of my beloved 2007 Mazdaspeed 6. Honestly, there's not much, within reasonable prices, that I've ever considered replacing it with. I've got a good lead on a 2019 Challenger Scat Pack right now and seriously considering its replacement. I refuse to trade it in to a dealer and get hosed; this car deserves much more respect.

Details: Manufactured in February 2007, purchased in May 2007. There are some slight modifications including: TWM full short shifter / short shaft kit, SU Test Pipe, Turbo inlet pipe, Cobb, I think, Air Intake kit, drilled and slotted Powerslot front rotors (plenty of life), upgraded Power Steering Cooler and a 2nd set of 17's for Winter Wheels. With the windows down, you can fully hear the turbo and BPV hiss when letting off the throttle. There have been no major mechanical issues whatsoever. Everything is pretty much original other than the power steering cooler. The oil levels have been fine and the turbo has never had any issues. The car still pulls very hard.

The interior of the car is completely mint except for the driver's seat. Actually, it's not bad for 12 years, except a seam on the seat cushion has split. That can probably be easily repaired. The rest of the seats are like no one ever sat in them, which they were rarely ever used.

The exterior is probably of what you'd expect for a 12 year old car. I don't think there's a ding anywhere, but mostly a few light scratches and hood paint chips. However, the paint is still brilliant; no dulling anywhere. A day with compound and wax would do wonders. There is some clear coat bubbling on the front fascia. On the right rear, by the exhaust outlet, the plastic on the bottom of the rear bumper is cracked. I can probably freshen it up a bit, but just wanted throw it out there.

The car does need new tires on both the original 18's and the snow 17's. The 18's are currently plastidipped in black color that sort of resembles the car paint. There was no rash on the rims except for 1 paint scratch (not rash) probably about an inch or inch and 1/2 long. The A/C does not blow cold air as there is a leak in one of the A/C hoses. I've never changed it out since I always drove with the windows down in good weather.

Car is located in Long Island, NY. I know pictures would do more justice, but just trying to get a feeler if there is interest out there. I guess before I waste a full day cleaning her up, and my time has been in extreme short supply, I wanted to know if there was serious interest. To be honest, I'm contemplating keeping it no matter what, but then I'll be getting killed on insuring 4 cars for my own personal pleasure.

As far as price, it's hard to say. There's not a whole lot out there and the ones that are have considerable higher mileage. The range seems to be between $6-$9K. I'm thinking it would be in the mid to mid-higher range of that. Any other input is appreciated.

Matt-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking

I used to have a speed6 but due to family reasons i had to sell it so i feel your pain. I have had some good luck recently and have started looking into finding another one. I do have a few questions about yours. Has the turbo been replaced. I know the seals go bad and will start smoking at idle? Has the timing chain been replaced. Those tend to get stretched out over time. Pictures would be great, even if you do not clean it up just to get a better idea of what it looks like. I have just begun my search so just answers to those questions and any other info on the car would be great. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Matt,

Currently unable to be interested, but I think based on how you've described the vehicle, I think there isnt any reason you can get around $7,000-$8,500, but it will take time. I remember seeing one down here in FL going for around $7,000.

My one recommendation is that you repair the AC. If it's just a hose, replace the hose and filter, pull vacuum on your system for 10 minutes, then fill it back up (you can do all this for under $150 if you already have a compressor, look at harbor freight for the vacuum and ac gauges) Your search for a buyer is likely going to be national given the rarity of the vehicle.

Hope that helps, definitely post pics!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to have a speed6 but due to family reasons i had to sell it so i feel your pain. I have had some good luck recently and have started looking into finding another one. I do have a few questions about yours. Has the turbo been replaced. I know the seals go bad and will start smoking at idle? Has the timing chain been replaced. Those tend to get stretched out over time. Pictures would be great, even if you do not clean it up just to get a better idea of what it looks like. I have just begun my search so just answers to those questions and any other info on the car would be great. Thanks!!

Hi Jon,

I just so happened to refresh this page today in my phone's browser and your response popped up. Odd I didn't get an email for thread response.

Nope, turbo is original. No smoke and does not burn oil. Has seemed to hold boost properly all along.

Timing chain has not been replaced either. Once again, I haven't noticed anything odd going on in engine bay. Haven't had any issues that would suggest there's a problem.

Also, I did replace all 4 tires a couple of months ago with brand new BF Goodrich GForce All seasons and put brand new rear pads on as well.

The car stands at 82K miles at this point.

I'll try to get some pictures up this week so you can see what you're looking at.

I haven't tried to sell the car anywhere else besides posting up here.

Let me know if you have any questions in the mean time.

Thanks, Matt-

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Matt,

Currently unable to be interested, but I think based on how you've described the vehicle, I think there isnt any reason you can get around $7,000-$8,500, but it will take time. I remember seeing one down here in FL going for around $7,000.

My one recommendation is that you repair the AC. If it's just a hose, replace the hose and filter, pull vacuum on your system for 10 minutes, then fill it back up (you can do all this for under $150 if you already have a compressor, look at harbor freight for the vacuum and ac gauges) Your search for a buyer is likely going to be national given the rarity of the vehicle.

Hope that helps, definitely post pics!

Thanks for your input. Yea, every once in a while, I take a look at the online websites and see that range of pricing.

Yea, I think I'm going to fix the AC first. I'm extremely mechanical and have always done my own repairs. I could see on the hose where it was leaking after I did the first recharge. I do have a compressor and know which item at HF you're speaking of.

Appreciate the input. Will get those pictures up soon for interest. Haven't made any hard push to sell as I know I'm going to feel terrible if I do it. Wifey says I can get a Scat Pack or Hellcat if I sell the Mazda. But I haven't said anything in which order that happens. And I still refuse to ever trade this car into a dealer.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pictures part 1

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures part 2

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
thetalonguy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing