Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking with Dean Evans (Mazdaspeed 6) who finished well up the large field in the annual Targa Tasmania event. He said the MPS (Mazdaspeed6) went brilliantly, especially in the wet, blew off many an Evo and STi. He even out dragged a Porsche Carrera during the event. He was very happy with the MPS after very little mods (better tyres basically). The thing was a weapon ..he wants to use it again next year.

He was astounded with the reliability and the in gear acceleration...

·
Registered
249 Posts
G'day mate, did u ask what mod will be beneficial for this car? I mean in his professional perspective.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day mate, did u ask what mod will be beneficial for this car? I mean in his professional perspective.
[/b]
He only spoke about a completely standard engine for the Targa. He did say a front mounted intercooler would be sweet! He was more concerned with handling, but he did say the car ran out of puff sooner than he thought it would, but the answer was merely to shift up and get the benefit of the prodigious torque. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
sweet i love to hear about our car being used in the races :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
strtfghtr
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing