Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Actually, I just watched the Gumball Rally (from the 70's I believe) I rented it without looking and I didn't get the one with john candy in it. Anyway, I watched it and it was pretty good for an old movie. They had great camera angles on the car, engine noises, etc.

And they drove better through the LA river than gone in 60 seconds.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The Transporter has some nice scenes (BMW) at the beginning. Not a car movie but some nice scenes.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
My favorite car movie, cannonball run is definetly one of them, shit, there is that one with charlie sheen in it, where he drives that concept car, where he races that street gang and leads each racer to their death...damn i cant remember the name of it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My favorite car movie, cannonball run is definetly one of them, shit, there is that one with charlie sheen in it, where he drives that concept car, where he races that street gang and leads each racer to their death...damn i cant remember the name of it.
[/b]
I believe you're thinking of "The Wraith". (I think I just pegged the geekmeter)

Ronin has some of the best car chase scenes ever. I have it and Transporter 1 & 2 on DVD.

I have to give the win to Ronin.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey Pololance,
Don't know what the song is, but here's a complete soundtrack list for the movie. Gotta love IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293662/soundtrack

Oh yeah, and favorite car movie either Cannonball Run or... maybe soon to be a movie, Knight Rider. When I was a kid I thought that Trans Am was the absolute shiznit.

Hell, you gotta hand it to most action TV shows in the mid 80's. They were always doing crazy stuff to cars that you just don't see anymore these days... Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, Fall Guy, insert your favorite Glen A. Larson TV show here. :goon:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Gone in 60 seconds (original)
Ronin
Condor Man (black Porsches scene)
Mad Max
Indiana Jones (truck scene)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm glad someone finially added Mad Max. I was getting worried there for a minute.... If nothing else all the cars/trucks in those movies are fun to look at!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
49 Participants
Mazda6_1981
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing