Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to the Forum.

My Fiance and I just purchased a 2006 Mazda 6 Sport V6 with the full Load, we got it in Darck Cherry Mica, with the Cream Leather Interior... Makes her cream. Which I like... WE got it from Signature Mazda in the Richmond Automall... Signature Steve... Great guy.

ANYWAYS.. Has anyone ever heard of thier glass Exploding when washing the car in the sun.. Cause lemme tell you it hapened to me.. I didn't think it was thast hot out, I mean this is vancouver after all.. It was last week in burnaby, maybe 26deg. I poured water on the top to cool the car and wash the debris, and the glass on the roof just shattered. it held together due to the tint, but leaked a little.

Mazda made me go to ICBC and have them state it was Manufacturers defect. (which of course ICBC was HAPPY to do)

After that though they really steped it up in service. the overnighted the glass from TO and had in installed the next day.. and to boot, steve got me a demo of my exact year and model car.. it was nice to be able to put my foot down on the accelerator and not have to worry about "breaking it in".

Anyways, curious if anyone else has heard of this problem. it was spooky.

Oh and PS, dont wash your mazda in the sun. they dont like it. :p

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I almost cried... It's not a new car anymore.. not after that. :(

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome to the club Helmz,

As for your sunroof shattering, there must have been some serious stress cracks internally in the glass. Maybe in the manufacturing of so many glass panels, you got a dud.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the guys at work laughed.. I was spretty pissed

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have sold over 100 mazda 6's in the last three years and have never heard of that. You got the lucky one.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
That's crazy. Just a case of bad luck I think. I really doubt hot glass in Mazda 6's are all in danger.
At least you got a replacement, so enjoy your new, hopefully worry-free, glass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts