Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Max Energy Sport is a programmer. It plugs into the diagnostic port, and reflashes the car's ECU with the Hypertech tuning files. It stores a copy of the stock calibration files for that vehicle, so that it can be returned to stock at any time. The programmer reads out your factory calibrations, and programs your ECU with a custom tune for your specific calibration. The programmer doesn't stay plugged in, and doesn't have any PID monitoring functions. It will read and clear DTC's. It has options to raise the top speed limiter, and raise or lower the engine rev limiter.

Every product that Hypertech sells is 50-state emission legal. The tuning for the Mazda vehicles is covered under CARB EO#D-260-13, making it legal for sale and use on California emission vehicles. All Hypertech products are designed to work in the limits of the vehicle as designed by the OEM. Our tuning will not void your factory warranty, or cause damage to any factory engine, drivetrain, or emission component covered under your factory warranty.

The Hypertech tuning is designed for someone with a stock vehicle, with basic bolt ons such as cold air intakes and cat back exhausts. Any modifications beyond these usually require custom tuning. Since we advertise and sell our products to be warranty safe and emission legal, we don't offer any custom tuning options in our programmer. It's simply not our market. There are good products out there already that support custom tuning modifications, such as Cobb and Cp-e. We do not advertise or market our tuners for modifications beyond the ones mentioned, and we're not on here to discredit those companies or anyone else.

We don't offer custom tuning software. Again, that is a feature that is offered by other tuning companies. We develop our own proprietary software in house to tune these vehicles. The programmer hardware and software is also developed in house as well. Our product is simple to use, and designed for the end user who has no tuning experience to be able to program their car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you guys forget about the 03-05 6i's ?
No, we didn't. The original plan was to support those years, but there was enough difference in the cars that we couldn't use the same tuning for the 06-up. We do plan to add support for these at a later date.

Thanks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
So have you guys added the 03-05 6i to your tuner lists? I've heard both yes and no, so I just want to be certain so I don't buy a tuner that ends up not being compatible for my car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lol yeah me to I guess I should have gotten an 06 instead of the 05 I got haha oh well though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts