Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know that the electric fan is thermostat controlled, and that the fan running after the engine shuts off is hardly new. BUT my two year old 6 has never had the fan run after the engine shut down until 10 days ago. Sure it's hot in So. Cal. but it's been hot before.

I would probably not have given it a second thought, but this has now happened about 4 times this week. On one occasion the fan stayed on for about 75 seconds and the RPM's were all over the place, up, down........ sounded very strange. It only shut off after restarting and shutting off the engine.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
225 Posts
^^
2nd that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My 6 had that problem in the winter!! -35 celcius and the fan would run at full speed for 30 seconds after the engine was turned off. I brought my car into the dealer but the VIN indicated that my car wasn't on the recall list. But given the symptoms that I told them they swapped the chip anyways.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Either way, they shouold be able to repair/replace it since your car is still under warranty.

-Mazda6stuff.com

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just brought my car in for the fan running overtime and loudly. BTW this is my second fan the first one was replaced in the recall. this time it was a broken circuit in the fan control module. they gave me a new one all fixed so im on fan #3. so if you have this prob just bring it in. it took them less then a hour to fix it and do a oil change.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I took mine in yesterday, they have to order the part, along with the fan drive or something as well. Told me it would be about 2 hours to fix em both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts