Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m gonna be in this forum a lot over the next few weeks to get as much help as I can, I just replaced my fan control modular and made sure not to damage anything from taking the harnesses out, I plugged and played them back in and tried starting it but the fans weren’t turning on, just wondering what caused it or how to fix, I bought the fan modular from a link from this site.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Did the fans work before the change? Is the a.c. on while testing it. Next thing I can think of is unplugging the fans and test them by running 12v directly to them to see if they run or not.

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
Did you get a cheap module off ebay? Those are, unfortunately, known to be pretty terrible quality and it's a crapshoot if it will actually work properly or not.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I had gotten 1 from rock auto and within months it had went bad. At the same time that it went bad, I had my car at the dealer for the air bag recalls. While there I picked up a fcm from the dealer and it hasn't given any issues since. That was 4 years ago shortly after we got the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts