Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those enthusiast with the CP-E system (headers and CAI), do you have a problem with the fan running eventhough your engine is still cold...well, my fan runs right away as I turn on the ignition...that can't be right, right?...Furthermore, once I turn off the engine, the fan still runs for at least 30 seconds...I'm asking this question, the last time my car did this, my engine overheated (remember that fan modulator recall thingy)...Is this just normal because of the modifications I've added?...Oh by the way, any news on the O2 sensor from Josh Adam from CP-E?- I will contact him nevertheless...

·
Registered
426 Posts
For all those enthusiast with the CP-E system (headers and CAI), do you have a problem with the fan running eventhough your engine is still cold...well, my fan runs right away as I turn on the ignition...that can't be right, right?...Furthermore, once I turn off the engine, the fan still runs for at least 30 seconds...I'm asking this question, the last time my car did this, my engine overheated (remember that fan modulator recall thingy)...Is this just normal because of the modifications I've added?...Oh by the way, any news on the O2 sensor from Josh Adam from CP-E?- I will contact him nevertheless...
[/b]
yeah that's definitely the fan controller crapping out again. The switch melted in the close position.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
mine does the same thing, but i'm not modded at all....do i need to take it to the dealer, i bought it used but it still has warranty left.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
yeah take it to the dealer and they will replace it. im having hte same problem but havent had the time to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Mine's been replaced 3 times. THREE... damn times.

You'd think that they'd create a fix for it rather than replacing it w/ the same damn out of date one. The problems just gonna keep happening with that method. In turn, racking up a nice bill for them since it's replaced under warranty.

Hmm... wonder if they'll charge me when my car goes out of warranty. Better get the extended I guess :sarc:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine's been replaced 3 times. THREE... damn times.

You'd think that they'd create a fix for it rather than replacing it w/ the same damn out of date one. The problems just gonna keep happening with that method. In turn, racking up a nice bill for them since it's replaced under warranty.
Hmm... wonder if they'll charge me when my car goes out of warranty. Better get the extended I guess :sarc:
[/b]

your car is modded right?...did the dealer still fixed the problem?...I'm just worried that they might bitch that my car is modded and they are not willing to fix it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts