Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Mazda 6s 5-Door and recently, the fan control module is making a loud noise whenever the engine is on, especially when AC is on. When the engine is off, the fan continues to make the noise for about 3-4 seconds. I did a search and it came up with the Fan Control Module Recall for 02-04 Models. Should I take my Mazda 6 2005 in for a check for the Fan Control Module?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I also have M6s and had the same problem 3 months ago...Been fine ever since....Make sure You call in advance, when I did mine they were all backordered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the Great Module Fix about a year ago for my 03-S, but starting yesterday the stooopid fan is running louder and more sporadically than it ever did with the original control module.

Back to the dealer again, I guess. Out of warranty now: f'ing awesome.

I wonder if it would do any good to bring up the replaced Brake Booster - still making that hideous crunching sound. Or maybe the shuddering from the warped Brake Rotors - also already replaced, with new pads. Or the popping sound from the steering column.

I wish I could afford a TL.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had mine changed when they did the recall, about a year or so ago. Mines working fine righ tnow, hopefully nothing messes up...im also out of the warrenty.... :(

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got the Great Module Fix about a year ago for my 03-S, but starting yesterday the stooopid fan is running louder and more sporadically than it ever did with the original control module.

Back to the dealer again, I guess. Out of warranty now: f'ing awesome.

I wonder if it would do any good to bring up the replaced Brake Booster - still making that hideous crunching sound. Or maybe the shuddering from the warped Brake Rotors - also already replaced, with new pads. Or the popping sound from the steering column.

I wish I could afford a TL.

[/b]
Hey for the hideous crunching sound from the brake pedal, try flushing the brake fluid out. I did that about 6 months ago and its been completly perfect ever since. The fluid is probably dirty and contaminated and thus making the noise when you apply the brake. Brakes feel so much better without that horrible noise :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep, I'd seen that as a possible fix. Have you had a seasonal/temperature change during the period after your fluid change? Is/was it worse when cold?

My crunching comes and goes, apparently somewhat influenced by how long I've had the air conditioner running, which shoots air down into that whole pedal area. Weird coincidence?

Hey for the hideous crunching sound from the brake pedal, try flushing the brake fluid out. I did that about 6 months ago and its been completly perfect ever since. The fluid is probably dirty and contaminated and thus making the noise when you apply the brake. Brakes feel so much better without that horrible noise :D
[/b]

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yep, I'd seen that as a possible fix. Have you had a seasonal/temperature change during the period after your fluid change? Is/was it worse when cold?

My crunching comes and goes, apparently somewhat influenced by how long I've had the air conditioner running, which shoots air down into that whole pedal area. Weird coincidence?
[/b]
I noticed it always got worse after I had been driving the car for a while, it was pretty persistant that I can't ever recall it changing much during the seasons. Now though, I had the fluid changed many months/miles ago and its been perfect since.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Hmm.... I probably need to do this recall to my wagon. Recently I've been noticing that the fan is still on for about 15 seconds after the engine is off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts