Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Since we're still not clear on where to drive to, I've started this poll in the hopes that we'll have a destination decided upon soon. Only 11 days left. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi guys. Since we're still not clear on where to drive to, I've started this poll in the hopes that we'll have a destination decided upon soon. Only 11 days left. :)
[/b]

Well, having read the original post, I was all excited to bring my portable Thermos brand barbeque, and now I'm not.. oh well ... was looking forward to a BBQ with everyone chipping in food/stuff... but now I'm not going to get to do that since it suddenly became clear that 11C is a bit on the nippy side for BBQ'ing..

However, I still think food is in order, so the Red Robins/Boston Pizza idea (where ever it is near Whistler) is a good one. Meeting at IKEA Coquitlam at around 9am-10am then drive til we reach our destination, with rest stops where necessary, plus bringing FRS radios (I have a couple if I can find them... 3 channel only tho) and finding a nice place to stop for photo's is a must...

I think a reasonable itinerary would be:

IKEA COQUITLAM 9AM-9:30AM - WAIT FOR GATHERING
9:30AM - HEAD OUT TO #1
FIRST REST STOP PORTEAU COVE - STOP MANDATORY FOR ALL CARS TO REGROUP/TAKE PICS
SECOND REST STOP BRANDYWINE FALLS - STOP TO TAKE PICTURES OF CARS/SCENERY
REACH BOSTON PIZZA 2011 INNSBRUCK DRIVE - GATHER IN PARKING LOT AWAY FROM OTHER CARS
EAT/CHAT/BS
HEAD HOME - LOST PEOPLE FOLLOWING NOT LOST PEOPLE
HOME

or something similar ... just my $.02

I may edit this post once I figure out exact locations of the things I just rambled off the top of my head...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BCZoomer, I like that itinerary. Lets keep the discussion going over the next few days so we can finally get somewhere with this :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I voted Alice lake (10mins pass Squamisht).. but whistler might be ok too. hopefully it'll be a good turn out.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I like what BCZoomer has to say, since I've lived here for 5 years and have never been to any of those location, I'll just follow the group whereever they want to go.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
weather looks to be raining all of that week so not sure how much of a spirited drive we can do. plus I have the shitty stock tyres on!

·
Registered
30 Posts
weather looks to be raining all of that week so not sure how much of a spirited drive we can do. plus I have the shitty stock tyres on!
[/b]
Well so do I but I'm not afraid to drive in the rain, just afraid of the idiots who shouldn't be...

like the dreamer :zzz:

and the moron :huh:

and the drooler :drool:

and the pissed off guy who thinks you shouldn't be allowed to pass him :irate:

and me driving safely and at a fair speed, not a ludicrous speed :drive:

we don't need to put ourselves in danger, and we don't need to put others in danger, either, right?

So it rains, so what? I want to take my hunnybunch and drive for a while, look at the scenery, stop for a rest, take a couple pics, drive a bit more, stop again, take a few more pics... get some grub and sit for a bit, talk long enough to have room for dessert :yesnod: and *then* head home again, stopping as needed for bio breaks... get home alive and you've had a good day, yes?

Anyways, we don't want to be like this guy --> :swearin: cause we missed the meet, so everbody show up together and on time and the trip will turn out awesome, believe me! I've had my share of car club cruises, and the most important thing to have is enthusiasm! [Which is what I've got!] I LOVE going for a cruise with the club, it's a GREAT way to make some pleasant memories, and it teaches you about community and club spirit, when we can stop the rat race for a day and just enjoy a simple pleasure like a long drive out and back...

:D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Ya I'm not afraid of driving in the rain just not that confident in the tires and how it performs in the rain. lol

maybe i should go up to cypress at the parking lot and see how it handles :hoho:

On topic.. if we head up to Squamish/Whistler can we meet somewhere on the North Shore since I live there and I don't want to drive to Coquitlam :nana:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Ya I'm not afraid of driving in the rain just not that confident in the tires and how it performs in the rain. lol

maybe i should go up to cypress at the parking lot and see how it handles :hoho:

On topic.. if we head up to Squamish/Whistler can we meet somewhere on the North Shore since I live there and I don't want to drive to Coquitlam :nana:
[/b]
Haha...I have to agree with you too cause I don't want to go to Coquitlam seeing that I live 5 minutes from the bridge.

·
Registered
420 Posts
That could be worked out, what if we meet at 10pm at ikea, leave at 10:15 or 10:30 and drive to, I dunno, the PNE or something and meet up with the rest there.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wouldn't that be a bit late? [/b]
Probly, so does anybody have a good idea for an itinerary for the cruise that allows another pic up, in or around the Vancouver area?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Probly, so does anybody have a good idea for an itinerary for the cruise that allows another pic up, in or around the Vancouver area?
[/b]
I think Awong was just laughing at the 10pm at night suggestion Art~ ! :D

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL... I didn't catch that at first. Art, if you feel like a night cruise I think you're on your own :)

As for itinerary, I think meeting at IKEA Coq., first at either 9 or 9.30 and then cruising to another location, like the PNE as you said or somewhere else, for about 10am, is quite feasible.

What should the second location be?

Or how about we all just meet at North Van location? Screw IKEA.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I don't know if everyone is familar with North Vancouver we can meet at superstore just over 2nd narrows by the highway.

link

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.