Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, but what color car do you have? Any pics with them on? :drive:
[/b]
I have the Volcanic Red... maybe someone could do a Photochop?

They look good on white speeds :)
[/b]
WOW... looking real good. I really can't wait to put mine on now. Only thing that sucks is that I have to wait probably like 6 or 7 months to put them on- winter is coming. I know it's only September, but I don't want to have them put on for not even 2 months and then have them taken off.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Those are REALLY heavy. Hello shitty gas mileage and crappy acceleration.

·
Registered
900 Posts
[/b]
Yeah. He really should have searched that first, huh? :sarc: Um, they aren't any heavier than stock.

Nice looking rims, but a 42mm offset? Rear fenders will need rolled BIGTIME! :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
[/b]
They are about the same weight as a stock MS6 wheel...

Not to mention they are a mere 2-2.5 lbs heavier than the RX8 wheels you own.... which could be about the same weight if you still have the TPMS sensors installed....

Also, lets not forget depending on tire choice, this setup could easily be lighter than yours...

Please think before you make such outlandish remarks...

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah. He really should have searched that first, huh? :sarc: Um, they aren't any heavier than stock.

Nice looking rims, but a 42mm offset? Rear fenders will need rolled BIGTIME! :yesnod:
[/b]
I'm well aware of that, but it's DaBears, what do you expect?

But i'll need to get a roll?? I didn't think I would...

·
Registered
4,775 Posts

Not to mention they are a mere 2-2.5 lbs heavier than the RX8 wheels you own.... which could be about the same weight if you still have the TPMS sensors installed....

Also, lets not forget depending on tire choice, this setup could easily be lighter than yours...

[/b]
2.5lbs IS a lot heavier... On an 18" wheel, that will be about 3/4-1mpg difference on mileage.

Also, I don't have the TPMS sensors installed, and I have lightweight tires... :nana:

I'm well aware of that, but it's DaBears, what do you expect?

But i'll need to get a roll?? I didn't think I would...
[/b]
yes, you will almost certainly need a roll

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

[/b]
Thanks Wiggum!! :)

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
With it being a 7 inch wheel I think you are going to have to see how they fit on the car...

Even with similiar sizes and offsets, every wheel/tire combination can be different...

Once you get the wheels on, place some weight in the trunk, and put a few people in the back seat...

Take an enthusiastic drive around the block (Do Not Speed, but put your suspenion under load) and with the rear windows down the passengers should be able to hear for rubbing...

Don't worry about the rubbing now if you aren't installing for 6-8 months, its not worth the headache yet...

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
On the front and rear?? Or just rear?
[/b]
The front fenders are already rolled from the factory...

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
2.5lbs IS a lot heavier... On an 18" wheel, that will be about 3/4-1mpg difference on mileage.

Also, I don't have the TPMS sensors installed, and I have lightweight tires... :nana:
yes, you will almost certainly need a roll
[/b]
Are you still on the Dunlop 8090's?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts