Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for bringing up something that's been discussed ad nauseum, but I thought some of you would find it funny and interesting to know that the one of the all time classics and considered by many the most beautiful design ever, the Lamborghini Miura, had fake exhaust outlets!!

I collect diecasts and there has been a lot of discussion and controversy over the exhaust tips that just "hang" down from the back of the car on 1:18 diecast versions of the Miura. Turns out it's accurate to the real car. It's pretty goofy looking and much more noticeable than the exhaust on the MS6, yet nobody dares complain about them. :D

Here's the thread:
http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/index...showtopic=32703

and a quote from the thread:

"If you look at those pictures I found, the exaust tips of the 1:1 don't connect to the exaust lines neither!!!!

From my point of view, the chrome tips are just cosmetic, a finishing touch if you will, but the exaust is ending short because of when the hood opens.

Take a look...."

and a link to a site that has a good pic of how it looks:
http://www.project118.com/gallery/118/Lamb...ura_5_118.shtml

Take a look at the top right hand picture. The exhaust tips just hang down and are obviously not connected to any part of the engine!

Just to show that the MS6 is only following in the footsteps set by one of the most famous and sexy supercars of all time!! :cool:

DYW

·
Registered
990 Posts
I collect 1:18's as well & have the silver Miura. I thought that was weird...didn't know it was true to the 1:1. Interesting.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Those tips on the Lambo are much more noticeable than the ones on the Speed6. Since this discussion came up, I've also noticed fake tips on many other mid-level cars as well.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Those tips on the Lambo are much more noticeable than the ones on the Speed6. Since this discussion came up, I've also noticed fake tips on many other mid-level cars as well.[/b]
Is your new thing bumping threads that are over a year old?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Is your new thing bumping threads that are over a year old?[/b]

What is your thing? Jumping on people for posting to an existing thread instead of creating yet another thread about the same thing? Take a chill pill.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
What is your thing? Jumping on people for posting to an existing thread instead of creating yet another thread about the same thing? Take a chill pill.[/b]
You are obviously not familiar with Scott's posts. I'm not "jumping on" anyone...I only have a problem with Scott as he rarely contributes anything positive to these forums. I'm also not the only one...

Isn't something on your car broken that you need to take it in for service for or something? :nana:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1027101

·
Registered
940 Posts
You are obviously not familiar with Scott's post.

Isn't something on your car broken that you need to take it in for service for or something? :nana:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1027101[/b]

I am still not sure what is wrong with posting to an existing thread instead of starting a new one.

Yes, there are a number of things wrong with my car - every once in a while they fix one of the issues. They are ordering parts for the clutch TSB at the moment.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
What is your thing? Jumping on people for posting to an existing thread instead of creating yet another thread about the same thing? Take a chill pill.[/b]
Bfisher what is your problem man....you are always so combative and negative?

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Ah yes, and as yet another thread deteriorates into a flame war, the troll is once again happy and well fed...[/b]
At least it was a year old ressurected thread!

;)

Back on topic...

I've seen other cars with fake tips. There, I've contributed. ;)

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
i have a fake tip, but the girls don't complain[/b]

thee only worthwhile comment IMHO on this topic. btw people need to stop bashing others for reposting about stuff. seriously who cares. anyone who deviates from the orignal post to note something about the user or his comment should not be posting on forums in the first place

·
Registered
61 Posts
You are obviously not familiar with Scott's posts. I'm not "jumping on" anyone...I only have a problem with Scott as he rarely contributes anything positive to these forums. I'm also not the only one...[/b]
Insane, I know that I haven't been around here as long as you but I don't think it's your place to single out people simply because you think they post negative things. There are a LOT of negative posts on this site, so many that sometimes I think I bought the wrong car, but I don't make a habit of calling out specific people for it. Plus, I don't see what is negative about his post in this thread. In fact, it is actually POSITIVE that he said he's seen other cars with fake tips too!!

Also, so what if the thread was old? Would you prefer that he created a whole new thread? If so, you'd probably flame him for that too. Please don't take this the wrong way, I have no issue with you, I just thought that your response was out of line.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Insane, I know that I haven't been around here as long as you but I don't think it's your place to single out people simply because you think they post negative things. There are a LOT of negative posts on this site, so many that sometimes I think I bought the wrong car, but I don't make a habit of calling out specific people for it. Plus, I don't see what is negative about his post in this thread. In fact, it is actually POSITIVE that he said he's seen other cars with fake tips too!!

Also, so what if the thread was old? Would you prefer that he created a whole new thread? If so, you'd probably flame him for that too. Please don't take this the wrong way, I have no issue with you, I just thought that your response was out of line.[/b]
Hey, that's fair. I encourage you to look up a lot of Scott's past posts. He's the only one I single out because I've never seen him once offer a positive contribution. Sure, all kinds of people on here post stuff like that, but they also post helpful information as well. I value this forum, and I'd like to see it become a bit more adult like without all these posts about someone "owning" someone else, or simply telling people who disagree to "f**k off" or whatever. I think this forum can be a great place, and I consider it a community. If even Scott had a problem (but no one is even sure he owns a speed6), I would try to help. However, if this guy always just posts to be an ass and rag on people/their cars, then I'll call him on it.

If that offends some here, I'm sorry, but I think a lot of the regulars here know what I mean when it comes to scott...

Here are some of his posts...I'll let them speak for themselves. Look at some of the other ones too...besides that page. His posts of late have been better...I think because he got spoken to or something. Anyway...this thread is way off track now. Let's just drop it...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=...p;hl=&st=75

Edit:

Also, it doesn't matter how long I've been around. You could only have 5 posts and been a member for a week, and I could have 1000 and been around for years...that doesn't make me or anyone else "better" than you. Quality of posts is what is important IMO. In the end though..it's just a internet message board.

:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
Insane
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing