Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dropped by the dealership today and negotiated a touring AT w/ moonroof/bose add-on down to ~22,500 lease at 200/mo before taxes and 0 down. they claim that taxes and fees (doc, bank, etc) add up to 2600 more that we need to pay at inception. that 2600 includes 800 in taxes but aren't taxes paid in the monthly portion and not up front? any help is appreciated!

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Leases don't cover taxes, licensing or doc fees so that's usually what's due at signing. $200/mo with no down is a pretty good lease deal. However, $2600 in doc and delivery seems excessive. Doc fees are usually under $100 and delivery (destination) is usually around $600-$800.

What's the term and what's your balloon after the lease is over?

·
Registered
184 Posts
The overall pricing of the vehicle sounds good but that $2,600 does not sound right. I literally paid nothing out the door on my 2016 GT.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I pulled up my contract. I live in California, and these numbers can vary from state to state:

State fees: $278.75
Sales Tax: $1846.47
Dealer Fees: $110
GAP insurance: $600
---------------------------
Total Fees: $2835.22

As mentioned, dealer fees should be nowhere near $800 UNLESS they are counting GAP coverage as part of the doc fees. Never leased before, but pretty sure GAP is a requirement on a lease. As you can see, sales tax makes up a lion's share.

Another thing is that DUE AT SIGNING is different from Down Payment. DUE AT SIGNING includes all the sales tax, dealer and state fees. Again, those fees aren't included in the lease agreement, just the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts