Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Girls,

Has anybody made enquires to Mazda Spares, in regards to purchasing Factory Workshop Manuals.

If so, can you answer the following questions:

1. How many manuals are there for the M6 ?

2. What are the names of each manual ?

3. What costs are involved in purchasing each manual ?

4. Is there a waiting time for these manuals to be ordered in ?

Warren

·
Registered
383 Posts
Reading Topic: Factory Workshop Manuals

I tried to find out from my dealer here in the states. I gave him the part number for the service manual that's in the back of the owners manual. He couldn't even find it listed.

My guess is that next year there will be cd versions on ebay for less than $30.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Factory Workshop Manuals'

Hi Guys and Girls,

An update on the workshop manuals.

There are 3 volumes in the series - Part Number: 17471A02 G.

The bad news is that Mazda Parts don't stock the items, they are subcontracted out and on speaking to the subcontractor, the manuals can only be issued to authorised Mazda Workshops.

Better luck next time.

Warren

PS: The subcontractor wants to remain anonymous, so sorry guys - no names.

·
Registered
322 Posts

Find a authorized 'cash' workshop in one of those less reputable suburbs of town, and offer them some cash to get the books... there's a way around anything if you want to be a weasel :p

All it takes is for one person to find a workshop like the above mentioned, and a sheet-feeding scanner with OCR... then we get lots of PDF's ;)

I know of a honda authorized workshop (where I took my old car) that would be disreputable enough to sell me the manual, but that doesn't help because we don't own honda's :p

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hi Guys and Girls,

I just received a telephone call from my contact in Mazda Engineering and approval has been granted to issue myself with a full set (5) volumes of the Mazda 6 Technical Workshop Manuals .... the cost hasn't been finalised, but I was told today to expect to pay over $1,000.

I was expecting around $120.00 per volume, so I will do a little bargining and see what happens. These are a little more detailed that the Service Workshop Manuals (3) volumes.

Warren

·
Registered
118 Posts

Warren, i seems you're a man of many talents and many contacts. Good job! Anything you're looking for in particular in those manuals or just so that you'll know the car inside out?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I have a very good understanding of what it takes to modify 4 cylinder engines and breath a little life into them.

I used to build nitrous oxide, turbocharged, fuel injected drag racing motorcycles and then have the fun of riding them but thats some 18 years ago. Interest in engine design, technology and performance is something I never tire reading about.

Mapping of fuel and ignition curves of electronic fuel injection systems was only new back then, but you learnt so much in the process.

Access to such manuals, will give me a better understanding of all engine systems, strengths and weaknesses in design, and give me idea's into possible ways to extract more power, with minimum tampering with the engine.

Warren

·
Registered
35 Posts

I've been after a workshop manual on CD for ages ! If anyone can 'provide' a copy, that would be great.

(Thanks for your offer Warren, Sydney's a bit far for some of us) :)

C

·
0 Posts

Hi,

I am interested in the Workshop CD. Could you please advise the costs of the CDs?

Rgds
Damian

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Hi Warren.I am downloading it now.It shouldn't take so long to download as there are total of 35Mb of files.I will burn you a copy once I got hold of all the files.Will give you the copy when I head over your way to have a look at the airbox mod mate.

·
Registered
35 Posts

w00t ! Just grabbed myself a copy !

Thanks Warren :) (and to the original poster/ftp provider!) :p

·
Registered
458 Posts

Hi Ivan,

Just took those photo's of the airbox for you ... please see Album No:5 (Ivan Pictures).

I leave them there for a week.

I'll burn you a copy of all my photo's on CD for your own reference.

Warren

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Hi Warren.Thx for the airbox pic mate.Very much appreciated.

The total files are 20 of various size to download,with some 35mb all up.Once expanded,there 10 files of acrobate files,and they are all interlink with the main index page,very nicely done.

Just went through the manual,it's for a lefthand drive M6,so for interier reference may not be too relevant to us who with right hand drive.But for the engine spec and that,it should be very much the same I think.So Warren,it would be very useful for your project of dismantling the engine purpose.I will copy them on cd for you mate.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Hi Guys,

Well I finally have the Mazda 6 Workshop Manual CD.

There are 8 major manuals (68.0 Mb @ 1993 pages)

1730-1E-02C 36.80 Mb 1187 pages Mazda 6 Workshop Manual
1731-1E-02C 3.97 Mb 70 pages Engine Workshop Manual L8 LF L3
1732-1E-02C 3.05 Mb 63 pages Manual Transaxle Workshop Manual G35M-R
1739-1E-02D 3.22 Mb 68 pages Manual Transaxle Workshop Manual A65M-R
1744-1E-02D 3.43 Mb 71 pages Engine Workshop Manual MZR-CD (RF Turbo)
1746-1E-02C 2.69 Mb 63 pages Automatic Transaxle Workshop Manual
(Supplement FN4A-EL)
3359-1E-02C 11.50 Mb 358 pages Mazda 6 Training Manual
3360-1E-02C 6.34 Mb 113 pages Mazda 6 Body Shop Manual

A preview of these manuals can be found at:

http://au.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pawhit...r2003/my_photos

There a manual missing ...

5540-1E-02C Mazda 6 Wiring Diagram (UK Specs)

Its not a major manual as far as personal owners are concerned, as the other manuals above cover 99% of the electrical system.

Warren

·
Registered
53 Posts

Hello.
Does anybody knows if the manual has information about all Mazda 6 types?
I have a 2.0 16V 141 HP. Does Mazda sell this type only in Europe?
I'm very interested in manuals. I'll try to download it from ftp, but if I have not luck, I don't mind to pay for them. Can anybody sent them to Spain? Which is the payment way?.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts