Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody added a factory spoiler (the one the comes stock with the sport package, NOT the lip) to a non-sport package 6? What was the approx. cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Factory Spoiler'

Originally posted by ugk

MSRP is $300[/b]
i really doubt 300 for msrp. i paid 268. i got cost+10%+tax. i know dealer markup is high. plus it's already painted. prolly 400-450 my guess after dealer markup

·
Registered
305 Posts
Reading Topic: Factory Spoiler

Wing spoiler retail is indeed $300 -- just go to the "build your own" option on MazdaUSA.com.

The lip spoiler is a lot more, for some reason -- $420. Ouch -- that's a lot of money for something that really does pretty much nothing. :) Oh well, if I was all about functionality and value I'd be picking up a Hyundai on Friday instead of a 6s with the lip spoiler.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Would you know how much a rear spoiler with the intergrated brake light would be?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

MSRP is $385 for the wing spoiler but like White 6s said you can work a deal at the dealer or buy online for around $270 ($273+shipping at Mazdastuff.com)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

If I buy it from Mazdastuff.com, will the dealer install it? Does anyone know their labor rate? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

Originally posted by mike6758

If I buy it from Mazdastuff.com, will the dealer install it?  Does anyone know their labor rate? Thanks.[/b]
Most dealers I deal with around here charge between $70-$74 an hour.

·
Registered
980 Posts

The dealer here scew us over with the install. MSRP for the lip spoiler is like $450 or something like that but with install it's like $750.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by mike6758

If I buy it from Mazdastuff.com, will the dealer install it?  Does anyone know their labor rate? Thanks.[/b]
Go to a quality local body shop to get it installed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Originally posted by mazda6gal

Ebay has them painted $200[/b]

Where did you find them on ebay? I don't see them anywhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts

just a FYI if you want to get the Spoiler as a dealer option. It does not look right. My 6 has the factory one. You can tell the diff in 2 ways, 1. there is a bigger Gap in the spoiler and the trunk deck on the dealer installed, 2. The factory one the 3rd brake light is just in the spoiler, If it is dealer installed you have 2 brake lights one it the spoiler and one in the rear deck of the car. That is Rice if you ask me. Try to find away to get rid of your factory 3rd brake light it you are going to get it or go with the lip spoiler.:)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Factory Spoiler

How is a 3rd brake light, a STOCK third brake light, rice? Honestly, define rice for us, because you seem to have a different idea than the rest of us.

·
Registered
178 Posts

It is not rice when you have the stock 3rd brake light and the one in the spoiler at the same time wich all the 6 cars have if you get it dealer instaled. Rice to me is any thing that is gaudy this is just out of place on a car The 2 3rd brake light on the car is a dead giveaway that you skimped on options and now you regret it. So I realy CAN NOT CALL it rice. It is not like putting a Type-R badge on a civic, but to people that know how cars look and care about detail will take notice to haveing 2 center brake lights. Also when the stock one lights up it reflects off the spoiler which will suck to see in your mirror every time you brake. I just over-reacted.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Originally posted by DIRT RACER

The 2 3rd brake light on the car is a dead giveaway that you skimped on options and now you regret it.[/b]
Or you couldn't find one available with your options so the dealer offered to put the wing on for you?

Or you got it used (not NOW, but eventually) and you wanted the stock wing put on?

Or someone smacked you in the ass, and the body shop gave their insurance company an inflated quote to add a wing on for free for you?

ect, ect ect.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts