Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my factory Sirius I'm having problems with reception during cloudy days, and when the antenna gets wet. My head unit just says acquiring, and occasionally a word or two will be heard. I bought this used, and didn’t receive a manual. Can I do something with the head unit to get better reception, and if somebody could point me to any other useful commands it would be greatly appreciated. I barely have any of the antenna wire exposed to the outside, and I don’t see any problems with the cable. Also, I have problems after going through a car wash on a non-cloudy day. It usually takes about 30 minutes to come back after the wash. If anything can I buy a new antenna for it?
Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? I want to install my sirius antenna under my shark fin, but I want to make sure things are good first.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i know there is a setting to adjust signal strength. But i think its for the radio itself. Not too sure. I will double check and let you know what i come up with

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k, thanks!

·
Registered
679 Posts
You need a new antenna. You can buy one no problem. They are all the same.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been looking at getting a new one. I've been looking for the same kind made by Sanyo. The antenna says:

Sirius Antenna
1ED4L90A00300

I emailed a part dealer for Sanyo, and plan on calling one tomorrow

Most replacements Ive been finding dont have the same connection, they have a round connector. This one looks like this. My XM receiever from Delphi had the connection.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anybody?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, I contacted Sanyo's part distributor, and they want to know the headunits model number, so they can find my antenna. Well I tried doing the sticky key combo to find the model number, and it doesnt work in my ms6 stereo. Anybody know the brand and model number of the ms6 stereo. Im going to pull my hair out if I have to take out my headunit for this.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Correction! They want the Sirius receiever model number.
The model number I find on all the mazda websites is not the one.
0000-81-H20 doesnt show up in Sanyo part list.
I cant see anything on the sirius receiver due to the heavy duty tape that was put on it.
Can anybody find this out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can this sanyo distributor you speak of get the whole unit...at a discount?! cheapest Ive seen is around 380 from the dealer. Ive also seen some posts that indicate prices in the 200's.

Just bought a GT with evything but Sirius and dont want to muck it all up with my plug'n'play unit.

Joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone one know if the above referenced reciever is the same? or even compatible with our stock headunit??...only 50 bucks on sirius website.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In the PDF link I want that antenna, on page 7 number 2

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No luck so far, anybody?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Buy any antenna. They all work. Look at crutchfield....they have a bunch as well on Sirius online. They are all the same...just pick one. I'd go to the Ford dealer and order the one that flush mounts to the roof...then i'd put it on my trunk lid.

·
Registered
81 Posts
my sirius antenna is mounted on the passenger side of my dash while my nav antenna is mounted on the drivers side. both have perfect reception. only time my sirius drops is if i stop under a bridge.

S

·
0 Posts
I just bought a 2006 Mazda 6 Wagon and ordered sirius OEM kit from mazdastuff.com. Had it intsalled yesterday and it too goes in and out. Sometimes it works great and other times in perfect weather it cuts out and goes to "AQUIRING" I thought it was a problem with my unit, but it seems like other people are having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution? New Antenna? Faulty Tuner? I was about to complain to mazdastuff.com, but it looks like it is a widespread issue.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found out that my antenna was messed up, but it was my fault. After replacing it, my acquiring problems went away.

I know sirius had an announcement about issues with Mazda's sirius's unit.
http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServe...d=1160165279694

When the announcement came out, my sirius unit did an update, but like I said everything was running fine. I would call sirius like the webpage mentions above.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts