Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else installed the factory Sirius addon to the non-bose stereo? I just got it for my '06 and I must say I'm a little disappointed. In my old car I had the star-mate unit. Since it was an option I wanted the factory unit on my new 6.

The stand alone unit got better reception then the factory. Sometimes stations will start cutting out for no reason when there are no objects in the way. The other really annoying this is that the display is wrong half the time.

For example: "If a station plays Red Hot Chilli Peppers" and the next song is by "Beck" the display will read:

"BeckHot "

If the name or song title dosent fill up the screen the previous title will still remain.

Has anyone else experience these problems with the factory sirius unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I know someone who had the factory Sirius, and there's a problem with it where it cuts off and stuff. They are still trying to solve his issues with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone else installed the factory Sirius addon to the non-bose stereo? I just got it for my '06 and I must say I'm a little disappointed. In my old car I had the star-mate unit. Since it was an option I wanted the factory unit on my new 6.

The stand alone unit got better reception then the factory. Sometimes stations will start cutting out for no reason when there are no objects in the way. The other really annoying this is that the display is wrong half the time.

For example: "If a station plays Red Hot Chilli Peppers" and the next song is by "Beck" the display will read:

"BeckHot "

If the name or song title dosent fill up the screen the previous title will still remain.

Has anyone else experience these problems with the factory sirius unit?

Thanks
[/b]
I have the factory Bose/Sirius unit and have never had a problem it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Mines hooked into the Bose system...and I have the same issues with the display. I find it rather amusing when Korny or Incubust comes up, but does get old quick. How an issue like this passed thier QA, I'll never know :slap:

As for reception...I think its the same as the factory unit in my Jeep, or the aftermarket unit I had prior. After having this for 5 years now...I can tell you that reception always seems at its worst during the summer and winter solstace (which we just passed) and I can pinpoint area in town where I know I'm losing the signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts