Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just finished installing the factory remote start on my 2004 Mazda 6i and everything works except the remote start. The car turns on but the engine never cranks. I've gone over my wiring several times and can't find a mistake.... Does anyone know what it could be??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
did you do the step where you programmed your keys to the RS unit? it won't remote start unless you do

you need your two keys.
close all doors, trunk, and hood
1st key in and turn to on, wait for security light to go out, then remove
repeat with second key
after removing second key with the new remote, press lock, then start.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help dream weave... I actually did the programing but, I actually forgot to plug the immobilizer unit into the remote start unit :swearin:. I will try and get it to work tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure thats what was wrong. If I just unplug the battery will it reset so I can reprogram it? I will post again if I can't get to work... Thanks

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well I still can't get it to work. The horn beeps twice and the car does nothing after that.. I guess I'll have the dealer look at it[/b]

sounds like you have it in Valet mode. I managed to do that to mine by stepping on the brake pedal when activating the express exit feature, not knowing that would put it in Valet mode. Check the manual for how to take it out of that mode, I don't have mine handy at the moment and really don't remember how I did it. Mine's also an '06, yours might work a bit differently

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS a lot DennisW it was in valet mode! I never would have figured that out if you didn't say something, and probably would have paid my dealer a lot of money to tell me the unit was broken or something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
THANKS a lot DennisW it was in valet mode! I never would have figured that out if you didn't say something, and probably would have paid my dealer a lot of money to tell me the unit was broken or something.[/b]

I'm having the same problem - How did you get it out of valet mode?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
THANKS a lot DennisW it was in valet mode! I never would have figured that out if you didn't say something, and probably would have paid my dealer a lot of money to tell me the unit was broken or something.[/b]

Glad to have solved the problem! By the way, I learned that the hard way........didn't have to spend money at the dealer but it took up an hour or so of my life trying to figure out what the hell I'd done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought I was having the same problem, but I just found the page in the manual about valet mode and apparently I'd see a double flash on the LED if that were my problem, but I do not.

What other obvious reasons would cause everything else to work OTHER than the remote start function itself? I went through the initial programming (start car, turn off, turn key on, wait for security to turn off, repeat with other key, hit lock, hit start) and I get the 2 chirps, a few seconds go by, and i see th dash light up for a split second and no engine start...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.