Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions on this subject...does the factory stereo play mp3s? is there an aux input on the factory stereo?

About the navigation system...is there anywhere I can find more information on it specifically its features? like can I map a destination, search for resturants, etc?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The navigation feature sounds cool I never had in car navigation but it would be handy on trips. How hard is it to replace the stock head unit? I'm very good with car audio so the work doesnt bother me it just looks strange b/c the readout doesnt appear to be on the head unit its a separate unit, least it looks that way in the pics

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no voice commands which really suck, but if you go into the diagnostics for it one part says that a mic is not hooked up as if maybe you can set it up for that, but i'm guessing you'd have to get differant software version maybe??

Anyways, like the guy before me, its not that advanced, i just liked it because it was tied into the dash, you could spend less than 2k and get and probably get a way better one and just put it in the dash where the built in one is.

My friends honda was nice, has voice prompts/commands etc.
[/b]
So is it a general feeling around here to pass on the navigation? I'm also looking at the TL and that navigation system is very nice

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nav on TL Acura right? Those are nice and in honda. I mean the Nav system in the speed does its purpose, its not all fancy though and its not worth 2k imo even though I like it. But I got it because it was built into the dash already.
[/b]
I could probably live w/o it then, if I really need I can just hook up my laptop and get a GPS antenna...thanks saves me 2k :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.