Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to cross post this in the 1st Gen also, in case someone from this side might not read it.

Has anyone tried to purchase and use the factory part in a 1st Gen? Specifically an 06 w/Bose?

If not, maybe ill poke around cause although making an input cable is completely in my realm and spare parts, i prefer a plug in solution.

Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im going to cross post this in the 1st Gen also, in case someone from this side might not read it.

Has anyone tried to purchase and use the factory part in a 1st Gen? Specifically an 06 w/Bose?

If not, maybe ill poke around cause although making an input cable is completely in my realm and spare parts, i prefer a plug in solution.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you trying to make a new AUX input? Are you trying to replace the 2nd gen AUX input with a 1st gen one? Please elaborate.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least for 2010 there is an AUX input in the center console. I wanted that part to put in my 06, but i made a cable last night. I just thought the 2nd Gen cable might have the correct plug, and at worst i might have to move the pins around to get it to work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ahh ok. So you have a 1st gen mazda, and you want to retrofit a 2nd gen Aux plug.
Sorry, I can't help with that. I only have a 2nd gen, and I have never taken it apart to see how the cables are configured.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I don't see why you would do this. To make it clean and flush, you'd still have to drill or cut some part of your console. You might as well just make your own cable, drill a hole, and mount the jack. It still looks factory, as long as you don't screw up the drilling. Plus, it costs like $10.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
There's a DIY that explains the whole process. It's not that difficult. Plus, I'm sure someone on here would be willing to make one for them for a few bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts