Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Love the Hatch.... the wheel looks better than Seden.... Overall, it looks nice (Hatch).... i like the new body....

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
See, those two photos above of the red sport model and the sporty wagon. I like those alot actually. Take a look at the wagon pic which is a good side profile. See how the wrong end looks a little more square and beefy v.s. the US sport models? The US sports look a bit to tapered and pointy from the side profile. Thie new design reminds me of the new Audi RS4 front end (sans brake cooling gills.) When I saw the RS4 side profile, I thought to myself that Mazda ough to make the front end a tad more straight like that. Here is a comparrison photo: http://photos.velocityjournal.com/images/f...6rs41776865.jpg

(More here.) I like the beefy flatter front end and the 06 Euro/Jap models appear to be doing something similar.

Of course, we aint getting this model in the states, so the point is moot!

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I can certainly see what you're seeing. Nuggs, though I think the flatter end looks less sporty and aggressive (I would have liked to have seen that accentuated a bit more versus much less).

It looks chunkier and clumsier to me instead of sleek, aggressive, and sporty.

"Mature" is code for "completely and utterly drab and boring"

I'm 30 years old, I want a car with mature abilities and youthful attitude.

·
Registered
978 Posts
the 06 evokes "grocery getter" imho. i'll stick with the 03-05 designs.

i cannot stand any of the new stock wheel designs :thumbdn: .

·
Registered
482 Posts

LOVE THE NEW HATCH.... Looks better than 03 - 05 model.... More Mature look... The wheel looks nice too...

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
No fair... they keep their nice covered bin and covered power point (ashtray and lighter)!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Awesome pics, matt!! Thanks! I especially love the red hatch!! :drool:

If I were to call the refresh "mature," I would equate that more to "sophisticated" rather than to mean "old." I think it brings the look more in line with Audi than Honda or Nissan as others have postulated.

Although I like the aggressive look of my '04, it is borderline "ricey." (apologies to those offended by the term) I almost feel a bit immature driving it. Sort of a "hey, look at me!" feeling. I think the refresh, even for the US models, will tame that a bit and appeal to buyers turned off by the Fast and Furious stigma.

Those black-out "euro" taillights will be a hot item, though! RPM, you better get ready for the volume of group buy requests you're gonna get!! :laugh:

·
Registered
482 Posts
is it just me, the 2006 Atenza in Japan (AKA Everywhere but USA) looks better than USA 2006 model.... i mean, it looks very good here, but it looks very bad in these pictures

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually love the 03+ models. The 06 models look like they're for older peeps. This is why I got the 05 a few weeks ago. The 05 looks sportier than 06. The peeps just love my car at work! :love:

·
Registered
324 Posts
the 06 looks kind of like a Saab 9-3... More flushed and less sharp angles... Not liking but not hating either

21 - 36 of 36 Posts