Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Those are some sexy pictures. I especially like the more sweeping soiler on the hatch and the black tail lights. It is really weird seeing the steering wheel on the right side though. I know, "silly american". In reading the press release, they also get a 6-speed MT, which I hope come to the US. I think this version actually looks better than the 03-05 US versions.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I agree completely. 03-05 sport models are too aggressive with the Gfx for my taste. I like the look of the 06 more. That 4th pic in the first post is what I'd like 06 Mz6 hatch w/gfx.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I need to verify if the U.S. model got the same poorly designed door pulls.

They make it impossible to use the power window switch while having your arm on the rest. You actually have to reach around it!

CVette, assuming the GFx and the U.S. Sport package are identical, you think it's too aggressive? We have very different tastes, as I find it not aggressive enough (needs more ground effect around the whole perimeter of the car).

What kind of moron designs a door like that!?! I need to :slap: them.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The only thing I like about it is the new front sport grill, looks more aggresive, rest of it looks blah

·
Registered
676 Posts
i like some things on the new one, but generally i like the 03-05 better, i like the ATX shifter (like the gate) and i also noticed the stereo, looks like it won't be as hard to get something done for that one.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It looks too much like the upcoming mazdaspeed6 the more I think about it

·
Registered
446 Posts
I like the 06 gfx (assuming 06 gfx US = Atenza) and find the 03-05 too aggressive. I'll clarify what I mean by aggressive...Take a look at the last pic of the blue wagon. I like the gfx that come straight down (what I'd call "less" aggressive). I don't like the stock look (w/o gfx) because I think the body tapers and curves inward toward the center of the car too much - see the first 2 pics in the first post. The 06 gfx extend the lines of the car straight down and I prefer that look more. It don't like the gfx of the 03-05 because, if you think of the contour while imagining the angle of the blue wagon pic again, the shape comes in, then out, then in again at the wheel wells. It's just a preference of how the gfx look as a "cross-section" when they end at the wheel well. Have I explained the difference well enough?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
looks too "FAMILY FRIENDLY" for my taste.. the agressiveness is gone. maybe even more "old" people will buy it, good for mazda, but i dont like it.
i dig the mazdaspeed look of the new grille tho.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I think it's just a matter of preference, because we are seeing the same things, and defining them the same way. I want more flare in the ground effects, more of that "then out" for a sportier, more aggressive look.

What you think is too agressive in the 2003-2005 is not as aggressive as I would like (but every kit I've seen is WAY out there too much). It doesn't have quite enough attitude.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I think the sport model looks better than the 03-05s do. But the non-sport looks even more plane. Yuck.

The thing is, the sport looks awfully close to the MPS. How are they going to differentiate between the two from a marketing perspective?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
18 Participants
bone2380
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing