Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i recently purchased my cai from http://www.toppsi.com/ , and i could not be anymore satisfied with the product and not to mention the help i got from mark over at toppsi :) I made up a splash gaurd at work today which you see in the pics (we dont have a brake bender) The Vice Hammer and block of steel did well enough :) I would definately buy from them again as i also bought my bov flange from them hehe... Overall just wanted to see what others thought of their intake (Fujita) and their experiences with it.. Thanks again cant complain ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
Looks like you still have some splatter on the filter end of your intake. I noticed quite a few open areas down in there. I Nascar fixed mine with the tape.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like you still have some splatter on the filter end of your intake. I noticed quite a few open areas down in there. I Nascar fixed mine with the tape.[/b]
that was before the guard was on.. hehe no more splatter ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
that was before the guard was on.. hehe no more splatter ;)[/b]

Doh, I think I answered my own question.. I missed the picture with the bolts through the fender liner.. I assume that is it..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doh, I think I answered my own question.. I missed the picture with the bolts through the fender liner.. I assume that is it..[/b]
Yes i circled them with Yellow ;) and ther are 2 more on the bottom... if you look at the guard on my table you can see the holes that were drilled, and yes i used stainless 1/4-20x3/4 or 1" i really dont remeember and i used some nylock bolts so they cant back out under vibration etc etc.. Came out better than i expected ;) anythign you need just ask...

Also noticed: Does not stutter anymore, basically wot it just goes no instead of stuttering and then going... Pulls harder through 5500rpm and the sound is amazing ;) cant wait to install my greddy bov

·
Registered
68 Posts
Installed my intake today. Man o man that car breaths deep. If you dont have an intake you really dont know what your missing. The car seems to inhale small animals around the car as well. I need to make/ get a spash shield soon though its florida and the rains are soon to come.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Installed my intake today. Man o man that car breaths deep. If you dont have an intake you really dont know what your missing. The car seems to inhale small animals around the car as well. I need to make/ get a spash shield soon though its florida and the rains are soon to come.[/b]
just had a water shield installed, and i'm pissed. i can't hear my intake like i used to. it used to sound like kids i'd pass on the sidewalk might get sucked under my car. now... next to nothing.

the a-hole who installed it said that it was pushing against the filter, and that's why the metal is touching the wheel well in the center. the sides vent air but thats about it. i'm pissed, cause i didn't want to hassle with this shit. but now i'm going to outside, jack the car, take the wheel off, take off the stupid shield, and bow the center so the damn thing lets more air in.

i'm gonna kick someone in the face.

·
Registered
684 Posts
just had a water shield installed, and i'm pissed. i can't hear my intake like i used to. it used to sound like kids i'd pass on the sidewalk might get sucked under my car. now... next to nothing.

the a-hole who installed it said that it was pushing against the filter, and that's why the metal is touching the wheel well in the center. the sides vent air but thats about it. i'm pissed, cause i didn't want to hassle with this shit. but now i'm going to outside, jack the car, take the wheel off, take off the stupid shield, and bow the center so the damn thing lets more air in.

i'm gonna kick someone in the face.[/b]
i didn't wanna make a (alum./light gauge steel) sheild for it too,
as i assume it will hit the filter some day....
so i've decided to use 3 layers of "window mesh"
make sure i line them up ramdomly so that it
makes small tiny holes only... then i used
electrical tape, tape the perimeter, staple it
together, and used some "gomme gomme"
and adhere to the inside of the wheel well....

make sure when u wanna adhere somethin',
clean the surface of the wheel well...

after all these winter drivin', i still
see spots of saltstain, but i think the mesh
took alot more dirt than the filter itself~

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm feeling the love for your splash shield, as I have mud spots all over my AEM intake...however, it appears you put the bolts on backwards. Besides the fact that some slight tire rubbing may or may not occur when going over a bump while turning hard, ripping the tire open on one of those bolts...I can state that they will catch your wash mit every time you try to clean inside the wheel well.

So I'll give you an A for the idea, but an F for the engineering. I'd turn them bolts around for piece of mind...

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I'm feeling the love for your splash shield, as I have mud spots all over my AEM intake...however, it appears you put the bolts on backwards. Besides the fact that some slight tire rubbing may or may not occur when going over a bump while turning hard, ripping the tire open on one of those bolts...I can state that they will catch your wash mit every time you try to clean inside the wheel well.

So I'll give you an A for the idea, but an F for the engineering. I'd turn them bolts around for piece of mind...[/b]
Oh man...do you have a wash mit designated speifically for the wheel wells? Wash mits should never touch anything other than the surface of well rinsed paint. I burn mine if they ever even touch the ground.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Oh man...do you have a wash mit designated speifically for the wheel wells? Wash mits should never touch anything other than the surface of well rinsed paint. I burn mine if they ever even touch the ground.[/b]
I have one for the paint, one for the wheels and wheel wells. I used to have a scrub brush for them, but their ain't no brush getting between these damn spokes. ;)

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have one for the paint, one for the wheels and wheel wells. I used to have a scrub brush for them, but their ain't no brush getting between these damn spokes. ;)[/b]

Tooth brush?

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

So I'll give you an A for the idea, but an F for the engineering. I'd turn them bolts around for piece of mind...[/b]
well your wrong actually, it does not even come close to the tire whether i'm turning hard braking or whatever. The Bolt is a 1/4-20x1" Stainless SHCS it sticks out Maybe a 1/4"-1/2" not nearly enough to cause any harm.. thanks though

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have one for the paint, one for the wheels and wheel wells. I used to have a scrub brush for them, but their ain't no brush getting between these damn spokes. ;)[/b]
Actually I picked up a small Corrand Wheel Brush from Autozone that works quite well. They even have brush designed for getting around the lugs.

·
Registered
998 Posts
My wheel brush ($5 at Advance Auto) gets between the spokes pretty well.

:goon:

Jason

*** EDIT ***
Oh, I lied.. It's only $2.49
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail....egoryCode=3298W

That's the lug nut brush he was talking about...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.