Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Designed by two of the orig designers of the McLaren F1 road car.

1,000BHP per tonne

500bhp from a 2.4litre Supercharged V8
Magnesium 6 speed gear box
465kg(1,025lbs) kerb weight
0-60mph in less then 2.5 seconds
0-100mph in less then 5 seconds
Topspeed near 200mph with high downforce and 200mph with low downforce
Body designed to give 3G's+ of corning and braking force
Track ver. also available.
Dry sump tank 5 litres
50 litre fuel tank
Carbonfibre/Aluminum honeycomb monocoque chassis
Comes with two seats.
25 hand built a yr.
Prices at £150,000.00 pounds ($265,555.00 USD)

Notice the sweet integrated fender rear view mirror and the LED tail lights! me wants!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Not very practical, lol. But, what a blast that would be. Can you imagine seeing that in your rearview mirror? Holy crap!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbup: Because the "street" version isn't extreme enough. Ha.

I can't imagine using this as anything other than a race car.
[/b]

definitly more creative exotic then your typical Ferrari and Lambos. Much better car to fight the traffic in the beltway.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Not very practical, lol. But, what a blast that would be. Can you imagine seeing that in your rearview mirror? Holy crap!
[/b]
I would love to see someone implement these technologies into a 5-passenger sedan.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Think "Christmas Vacation"

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I would love to see someone implement these technologies into a 5-passenger sedan.
[/b]
Would you like leather, a moonroof, climate control, a 12 speaker stereo, and triple the curb weight with that?

I'd love to see how a tubular, highly-triangulated frame with a rear engine and low frontal area could fit five people.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I would want reasonable amenities, though done in a way not to triple the curb weight.

Obviously, the shape wouldn't be the same, but I'm talking the basic technologies and supercar abilities.

All these cars are basically the same thing with some minor variations. I'd like to see someone break out of the mold and actually consider 24/7/365 functionality while they are in the design and engineering processes.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I just can't see how that would be street legal in Europe when their new car guidelines require a superhigh front end to protect pedestrians.
[/b]
Screw pedestrians. They shouldn't be getting in the way.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I would want reasonable amenities, though done in a way not to triple the curb weight.

Obviously, the shape wouldn't be the same, but I'm talking the basic technologies and supercar abilities.

All these cars are basically the same thing with some minor variations. I'd like to see someone break out of the mold and actually consider 24/7/365 functionality while they are in the design and engineering processes.
[/b]
Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR? BMW M5? Audi RS4?

Those are all supercars. Although, the SLR is quite heavy (3700lbs), but it gives you all of the perks of a regular luxury car with the supercar performance.

Same with the M5 (4000lbs), but it can seat 5 people, and it does 0-60 in 4.4sec.

But as Stretch said, I doubt we would see a Supercar that is under 3000lbs, can seat 5, and do 0-60 in under 4sec.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
17 Participants
ZoomZoom Diva
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing