Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I traded in the 6s a few weeks back and now I have some parts to sell. Please PM me if you want anything, before I go to eBay with the stuff. The prices I am posting are, in my opinion, fair so I would prefer not to haggle...but you an always PM me an offer and I will consider anything reasonable. Thanks in advance!

This is a JL Audio 12W0 subwoofer in a custom-built fiberglass and MDF enclosure, made to fit in the trunk between the passenger side wheel well and the trunk lid. The sub was never driven that hard, and besides a few small scratches on the speaker grille the enclosure is in perfect shape. I really enjoyed having big sound and saving trunk space. I would like $275.00 shipped to your door in the lower 48 states. I paid $300 for the enclosure alone in 2004. Here are some pics:

Here are some more pics of the subwoofer and enclosure:

PM me or post if you have any questions!

Thanks again,
Steve

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
* Bump. *

Deals keep falling through...Item is still for sale. PM me if interested!

Thanks again,
Steve

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I am still interested in just the enclosure without the sub, but you are asking WAY too much for it. You generally lose about 50% when selling aftermarket stereo stuff, especially 2 years later

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am still interested in just the enclosure without the sub, but you are asking WAY too much for it. You generally lose about 50% when selling aftermarket stereo stuff, especially 2 years later
[/b]
I agree with you in regards to wearing items, like speakers, amps, and head units. However for a non-wearing, non-moving part such as the enclosure, my opinion is that depreciation should not be as drastic. For everyone's benefit, here is the justification of my $275.00 SHIPPED asking price.

Original Price Paid for Enclosure: $300.00 approx. (I think it was a few bucks over $300, and I will update once I locate the original invoice.)

Current Price for New JL Audio 12W0 Subwoofer: $100.00 approx. (depending on where you buy it)

Shipping Cost: $25 approx. (based on estimated shipping weight/dimensions via FedEx from PA to somewhere in the mid-West)

As I mentioned above, I generally agree with your statement regarding 50% depreciation on stereo equipment, so take my $275.00 asking price and subtract $50.00 for the 2-year-old subwoofer (i.e. 50% of the estimated new retail cost of a 12W0 sub). Then, subtract the $25.00 I built in for shipping and you are left with $200.00 for the enclosure. This represents roughly 33% depreciation for a non-wearing item that is in like-new condition (as shown in the photos above), which I argue to be a reasonable price. Further justification for my price, in my opinion, is that a brand new similar enclosure would cost the same $300.00 (or more) today that it cost two years ago. I know this from my recent research into putting a similar enclosure into my new car, and unfortunately for all of us that kind of price tag is what the market is currently bearing (on the East coast at least).

And in case anyone takes issue with my built-in freight cost, my honest opinion on freight is that there is no free lunch and we all have to pay for it at one point or another. Any online vendor would either build freight cost into their pricing up-front, or charge it out as a separate line item.

So again, I have put some thought into my pricing and feel that my asking price is reasonable. Considering the amount of depreciation I have taken into account, I believe this is a fair offer. If anyone is interested, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks for your time and understanding,
Steve

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sale Pending
[/b]
Still for sale, see details above.

Also, found this out the hard way but this enslosure will NOT fit the 5-door model. Sedan only. PM me if interested.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ttt

Good deal, someone snatch this up. Send me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Still for sale, see details above.

Also, found this out the hard way but this enslosure will NOT fit the 5-door model. Sedan only. PM me if interested.

Thanks,
Steve [/b]
Dammit,

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what's the mounting depth of the enclosure?

I know the 12W0 is a 6" deep sub, but the subs I am looking at require up to as much as 8" of depth.

I am highly interested in this but might want to put my own SUB in down the road.
[/b]
PM sent :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
8 Participants
FATBOY
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing