Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled under a tree yesterday while making a 3 point turn on a small road in downtown D.C. Apparently the Tree decided to vomit sap all over my car in the space of 4 seconds.

It had just rained so I thought it was water. I use my windshield wiper and these big clear blobs dont go anywhere and then I'm like "@!#($*&@$)!&#$!" :irate: :irate: :irate: :swearin: :swearin:

Now I'm going to have to go buy a gallon of isopropyl alcohol. [email protected]#!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
just put a coat of wax over the whole car and then it will just come up with a little quick detailer.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Slick Willy sighting???

·
Registered
532 Posts
<div align="left">
When I have a sap problems, I use 'Tree Sap Remover'. It is safer on the finish then regular rubbing alcolhol.
Goto http://www.prowax.com and look for C-46-22 Tree Sap Remover.
BTW, they also have excellent waxes (professional grade)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<div align="left">
When I have a sap problems, I use 'Tree Sap Remover'. It is safer on the finish then regular rubbing alcolhol.
Goto http://www.prowax.com and look for C-46-22 Tree Sap Remover.
BTW, they also have excellent waxes (professional grade)
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl, buying stuff online is fun! :laugh:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I pulled under a tree yesterday while making a 3 point turn on a small road in downtown D.C. Apparently the Tree decided to vomit sap all over my car in the space of 4 seconds.

It had just rained so I thought it was water. I use my windshield wiper and these big clear blobs dont go anywhere and then I'm like "@!#($*&@$)!&#$!" :irate: :irate: :irate: :swearin: :swearin:

Now I'm going to have to go buy a gallon of isopropyl alcohol. [email protected]#!
[/b]

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl, buying stuff online is fun! :laugh:
[/b]
Good to see your in a better mood today :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had some tree sap on my car. Picked up some Goo Gone and it took care of it. Just letting people know it works.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As luck would have it my roommate just bought some tree sap remover for his car (brand new black mazda3 hatch, also covered in sap now, so cute when he parks it next to my 6), so I'll just use his stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts