Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A spyshot of the new European Accord:



Is this a 6-copy or what??? Prehaps the styling of this Accord was allready made before the 6, but everyone knows how a Mazda looks lik ; flat lights, 5-pointed grille and those lines on the hood. So thats why:

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

QUOTE
Originally posted by MattFast


            A spyshot of the new European Accord:



Is this a 6-copy or what??? Prehaps the styling of this Accord was allready made before the 6, but everyone knows how a Mazda looks lik ; flat lights, 5-pointed grille and those lines on the hood. So thats why:

[/b]
Yes, it looks kind of familiar to us 6-lovers. But then: The Accord comes no way near the purity of the Mazda design. This car looks like it's not yet a finished design...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

There's certainly a lot of 6 in this design but it lacks the natural "flow" that makes 6 so appealing. Worst case scenario would be that in a few years everyone calls it the most boring design of mid-class sedans like now is the case with previous generations of 626, Primera, etc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Sigvard


            There's certainly a lot of 6 in this design but it lacks the natural "flow" that makes 6 so appealing. Worst case scenario would be that in a few years everyone calls it the most boring design of mid-class sedans like now is the case with previous generations of 626, Primera, etc.[/b]
After looking at the Honda a bit more, I think that it more resembles the present 626 than the 6. Too bad, Honda, that's not good enough!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

:sarc
Thanks for showing the Pics.

I think the Honda looks very UGLY !
The nose & front area of the car look too low for the rest of the body...

The body area, looks like a copycat of BMW...

The grill is a copy of Mazda's.

The Headlights are terrible...

Thats my opinion on the Honda

Mazda's Rule !!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

I think the headlights look like the Mustang and the grill looks like the Mazda6, it better looking than the North American Accord.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

Yea...the North American Accord...has a very odd styling...it just doesn't cut it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

QUOTE
Originally posted by MattFast


            A spyshot of the new European Accord:



Is this a 6-copy or what??? Prehaps the styling of this Accord was allready made before the 6, but everyone knows how a Mazda looks lik ; flat lights, 5-pointed grille and those lines on the hood. So thats why:

[/b]
Like Mat said, the new Accord looks quite a bit like the new 6, but they seem to have copied from other cars like the Fiat Stilo (frontlights); grille (6); and the 'H' in the grille looks like the Hyundai-logo...

But this 'mengelmoes' (sorry, typical Dutch explanation for combination ;)) makes the car rather ugly than attractive, and when they've copied the ridingperformance from a Vectra:zzz (why not? when you're already busy with it, why stop?); it's doomed to be a flop.

So to all you Hondadesigners; stop being unoriginal and make an OWN design (read; stop copying from the 6)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

QUOTE
Originally posted by MattFast


            At www.autoscoops.tk are more pics of the scoop. It also look a lot like the BMW 7-serie (not the front offcourse)[/b]
That site sucks bigtime, cause' the pictures are way too big!! By the time my connection has downloaded it, I was already :zzz

Coen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

Let's not get carried away here boys. Honda debuted the 5 pointed grill design back in 1996 with the Acura TL. Several companies use that design now. I don't know who came out with it first, and I don't really think it matters. What matters is that the grill design on the 6 looks infinitely better than on the Accord, just like every other part of the car!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

QUOTE
Originally posted by kenoka


            Let's not get carried away here boys.  Honda debuted the 5 pointed grill design back in 1996 with the Acura TL.  Several companies use that design now.  I don't know who came out with it first, and I don't really think it matters.  What matters is that the grill design on the 6 looks infinitely better than on the Accord, just like every other part of the car!  [/b]
True. But it's a bit boring that cars get streamlined this way. But as you say: as long as the 6 is better...no problem!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

QUOTE
Originally posted by kenoka


            Let's not get carried away here boys.  Honda debuted the 5 pointed grill design back in 1996 with the Acura TL.  Several companies use that design now.  I don't know who came out with it first, and I don't really think it matters.  What matters is that the grill design on the 6 looks infinitely better than on the Accord, just like every other part of the car!  [/b]
At least the 5-point on the Mazda has meaning!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

Hmm sorry to say, but isn't the rear end of the 6's sedan and estate body a Audi rip-off?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

I wouldn't quite agree, but there are cross-influences all over the car industry. That's a good thing - that is what brings car design forward. Resulting in the perfect car...Mazda6 (you guessed correctly...:D )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

its similar to the audi, lexus, and beemer...but not a ripoff...its got its own stlye
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

Ans here are the official pics of the European Accord:







I see a lot of Mazda6 and a bit of BMW 7-serie at the side...doesn't look too bad, but I prefer a more original car...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

Not bad lookin. WAY better then the US 2003 Accord. It's supposed to be released in the States as the Acura TSX sometime next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Matt Mazda

I see a lot of Mazda6 and a bit of BMW 7-serie at the side...doesn't look too bad, but I prefer a more original car...[/b]
And at the back it looks like they copied the back of the old Toyota Camry...

Coen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Replying to Topic 'F*ck you Honda!! (sorry..)'

But I forgot to say that it's looks are definetly better than before.. (but not better than the 6 ;))

Coen
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top