Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was talking to a guy that has that on his protege 5!! he has the stock ECU with that injectors and he is running 20psi no problem..

do you guys think that it will work on our car???

u can easly mount it !!

Serious comments please....

here is the link if you wanna read more
http://www.sdsefi.com/eic.html

installation manual
http://www.sdsefi.com/eic1.htm

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd hold before trying it on our car, its a little risky and early still, no one has really played with this engine yet.

What I would do first is to test out the limits of our fuel delivery system first, it could very well inject enough to support 400+hp. Fore more performance gains, you need to slap on a bigger turbo first, and also seek tuning solution before playing with the fuel.

Also, put some research into how to upgrade our stock fuel injectors, as in direct injection injectors.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not really sure its neccesary. According to most our cars run rich not lean. So this would only make the problem worse.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK i see !! thanks for the comments

·
Registered
820 Posts
yeah, last thing you want to do is add MORE fuel. You'll wash out the cylinders and do ugly things to the engine. You'd probably get down to 8-1 afr, very very very bad. we need to find a way to run leaner (hack the maf signal) to trick it in to thinking LESS air is coming in, that would trigger the stock ECU map to use less fuel.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Keep it in mind for after you get your turbo on there. No need for it quite yet though.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've seen these used on a lot of cars with very good results. Not this particular brand, but the HKS AIC and the Greddy Rebic are two very good units.

This might be a good solution once you run a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I don't think it will handle the DISI fuel system. That injector looks like an injector for a normal car. Maybe once a new turbo is on it will lean out the fuel system on our cars.

·
Registered
440 Posts
As was said, we don't know the limits of the stock fuel system, there certainly is ungodly pressure, and 2 pumps, but how that equates to specific fuel delivery per hour is another matter.

Another thing, you don't want to run too lean with this car, the compression is quite high for a turbo car, 9.5, consider the EVO/STI is only 8.2-8.8, 1G DSM's were only 7.8.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Not really sure its neccesary. According to most our cars run rich not lean. So this would only make the problem worse.
[/b]
There are some good threads on this topic regarding the stock fuel system trying to maintain a 10:1 AFR. If this is the ratio it's trying to see, eventually the stock fuel system will reach a limit. This is where the extra injector will help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts