Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I gather, most all of them. You have to look under the sill plate to make sure you do not have part number GS4C-670-50 on the wiring harness.
Other than that, you need to have the dimming inside mirror to control the external ones.
Basically, install the inside mirror first. If you were able to do that in 15 minutes (meaning, the plug and play harness is already there) you can put the external mirrors on no problem.
If you were hardcore, I suppose you could wire them anyway, but you would need ambition and a complete set of schematics.
My car is a 2010 touring, and they should be plug and play. the inside mirror was.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where did you get these, and the interior mirror for such a good price. I really want to add these. I have the S model, so not entirely sure if it will work, but I can check my wiring harness once we get above 0F. Any help on the purchase of these would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (rickdarris2004 @ Jan 29 2010, 11:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633133
Where did you get these, and the interior mirror for such a good price. I really want to add these. I have the S model, so not entirely sure if it will work, but I can check my wiring harness once we get above 0F. Any help on the purchase of these would be much appreciated![/b]
Here is the ebay link to the one I won:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Seller ID:

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/lilbit09012002/

I had great success with this seller, and when I wanted the outside mirrors, they set up a deal outside of ebay and I (stupid maybe - but the deal worked perfectly) pulled the trigger on that. Total to the door for all three mirrors was $185. Can't beat that with a stick! Total time to install all three if I had to do it again would be *maybe* an hour. If you are doing it the first time, should be able to get all three on in less than two hours. Save the harness from the outside mirrors, it will come in handy for the connectors/wires to install puddle lights.

I see right now, he has three of them, starting at $14.95! How he can these at those prices is anyone's guess!

·
Registered
476 Posts
My GS canadian (base model) already has this, it's awsome! works in 1 mins with ice and snow, at 3F this morning. My last car had this and it's a great feature. It's awful to open the window and try to remove snow with your hands in winter.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well I just checked and I have the harness that is not supported. Sucks, but I can live with it. Guess I will just have to buy a new 6 in a few years...HAHAH

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (rickdarris2004 @ Jan 30 2010, 10:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633484
Well I just checked and I have the harness that is not supported. Sucks, but I can live with it. Guess I will just have to buy a new 6 in a few years...HAHAH[/b]
I would still be easy to install the interior mirror, they sell a harness for it that will work with any car. But it will not support the external heated mirrors. Only three wires, hot all times, hot in run, and ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts