Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got my 2005 Mazda 6 over the summer and have been trolling the boards since. Alot of you guys have really sweet mods and have put alot of time and $$$ to get results that turn heads. Unfortunately there are those of us out there (Me :drive: ) a college student who basically broke the bank just getting the car. So I've been doing little mods that are inexpensive such as the Brake light mod and I hope to do clear side markers soon. I was just wondering if you guys could list some other inexpensive mods that would really make a difference in the overall appearance of your exterior.

In my noob opinion I think these are worth mentioning:

1) Brake light mod ~~ SUPER CHEAP
2) Tail light night shade mod~~not a bank breaker.
3) Clear side markers.

not much of a list but I seek the infinite knowledge of my peers.

P.S. (Please keep it to only exterior and under $100 and dont say I know a guy who knows a guy ........... :nono: )

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
eyelids? Leds maybe.

·
Registered
810 Posts
stubby antennae

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
you can remove the door guards for free.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
tinting headlight bezels, under $100. passing out 100 $1 bills to see boobies, priceless.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Get one window tinted....looks cool.

One hubcap spinner from pepboys - 32.50

Fax cellphone antenna - 19.95

you CAN make your own cold air intake for $20 from Home Depot.....

·
Registered
405 Posts
debadging. shark fin antenna. eyelids. clear sidemarkers. sport grille. All of these are under $100. Will amount to over $100 if you get them all, but under $100 per item.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Hey guys I got my 2005 Mazda 6 over the summer and have been trolling the boards since. Alot of you guys have really sweet mods and have put alot of time and $$$ to get results that turn heads. Unfortunately there are those of us out there (Me :drive: ) a college student who basically broke the bank just getting the car. So I've been doing little mods that are inexpensive such as the Brake light mod and I hope to do clear side markers soon. I was just wondering if you guys could list some other inexpensive mods that would really make a difference in the overall appearance of your exterior.

In my noob opinion I think these are worth mentioning:

1) Brake light mod ~~ SUPER CHEAP
2) Tail light night shade mod~~not a bank breaker.
3) Clear side markers.

not much of a list but I seek the infinite knowledge of my peers.

P.S. (Please keep it to only exterior and under $100 and dont say I know a guy who knows a guy ........... :nono: )
[/b]
Like some stated before me, LED's (inside and out if you'd like), eyelids (if you paint them yourself), remove the door guards (if you dare....Let the new car parking begin!), Sports Grille, Spray tint the emblems if you like the tinted chrome look, door sills (Yes I know, not exterior, but close enough!), shark antenna, depending on the color, maybe a carbon fiber fuel door. If not, then go for the chrome one (also depends on the color) then go and paint it if you want and leave the bolt pattern unpainted (seen someone on the boards do this recently and looks nice). And while you are in the painting mood, why not paint the engine cover? Be creative, if that is your forte`. :drive:

errr I think that should hold you over. A lot of things you can do like paint will save you a lot of money in labor...think of it as a labor of love for your 6 :love: :nana:

PS: I also know a guy that knows a guy that heard of a guy in Guam....:p

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the window vents/visor thingys for under $100. They really fit in well with the curves of the car. Or how about a custom Mazda 6 license plate frame? I removed the Mazda 6 badge from the rear trunk and put the Mazda 6 license plate frame on....it makes it a little different than the others you see...

·
Registered
164 Posts
debadging. shark fin antenna. eyelids. clear sidemarkers. sport grille. All of these are under $100. Will amount to over $100 if you get them all, but under $100 per item.
[/b]
Sport grill for under $100...? Where might one find such a product? Maybe more of this :boobs: with the grill than with $1 bills out the window...?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lots of people talked about shark fin antenna. For those who did this mod, does it affect radio signal? I live in a land far far away and signals are not good with OEM antenna, so...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lots of people talked about shark fin antenna. For those who did this mod, does it affect radio signal? I live in a land far far away and signals are not good with OEM antenna, so...
[/b]
In addition to that question do the shark fins need to be painted to match the exact color or are they already painted for example in (Performance White) my cars color.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
In addition to that question do the shark fins need to be painted to match the exact color or are they already painted for example in (Performance White) my cars color.
[/b]
Visual Garage makes a 'functional' shark fin antenna. They claim that the reception is somewhere between the long stock antenna and a stubby antenna. I should have mine installed today so I will let you know.

When you order from VG they ask for your car's make and color and they paint the fin to match your cars specific color.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts