Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually got my Toyota warranties for cheap (50% cheaper or so) either online from remote dealers or price matching with the local ones. Where are you guys buying yours?

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can go online to purchase from discount Mazda dealers. I would suggest to buy only Mazda warranty. That being said, it is generally agreed that one does not buy extended warranty. It just does not pay to buy these warranties when you have reliable cars. I bought one for my 2004 G35X, but I had some issues after the extended warranty expired.

Extended warranty usually gives you another 3 to 4 years after the original one, but it's not a bumper to bumper coverage. It mainly covers the power trains which generally will outlast the extended warranty!

·
Registered
225 Posts
The best company for extended warranties that can be purchased at dealerships to me are Fidelity warranties. i deal with them daily as a service advisor. I am not sure if they are in your region, but they are really easy to deal with. You can wait until you get closer to the end of your 5yr/60k warranty with mazda and purchase it, but I think the price goes up the more miles it has. BUT, if youg et it now, you will be paying for something you dont really need because the car is still covered by Mazda. Or you can purchase the Mazda Extended warranty. Either way you wil be in good hands.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have factory extended warranty for my Toyota Venza that is a bumper to bumper with 0 deductible. I am only interested in factory warranties since they have the best coverages. I bought mine from my dealer for $800 for 6yr/100k. Not sure one can get for Mazdas that cheap ...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have factory extended warranty for my Toyota Venza that is a bumper to bumper with 0 deductible. I am only interested in factory warranties since they have the best coverages. I bought mine from my dealer for $800 for 6yr/100k. Not sure one can get for Mazdas that cheap ...
They are always better, especially if you do your service at the dealer. Even if you dont do your major services, you can bring it in for the big services every 30k, or atleast 10k. Toyota will sometimes take care of things outside of that warranty you purchased just because you brought the car in for service. If the Mazda one is outrageous, I would highly advise Fidelity, from personal experience. But I am with you i would always go with the manufacturer warranty over anything.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
If you have a preferred dealer, check with their service manager to be sure they accept the warranty company you are interested in. Some of the warranties you find online are complete frauds, don't cover what you think should be covered and are near impossible to work with. I've seen plenty of people burned with cheap online warranties. Nothing is "bumper to bumper", not even the original "bumper to bumper" warranty.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Always remember this is negotiable as well. I paid just under 1k for a great warranty up 75k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts