Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speed has 42000 Miles on it and the warranty is up in November. My only mod is a CAI. I was wondering how much I can expect to pay for an extended warranty. And has anybody tried to file a claim under warranty that was denied (somebody who was stock at the time).

·
Registered
583 Posts
I assume you have an '06 since '06s have the 50k warranty. I called MazdaUSA 1-800-222-5500 up last week to see if I can still get factory extended warranty, you have to get it before the bumper to bumper runs out. So give them a call and see what your options are.

As for me, I can only get 3rd party extended warranty now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's an 06. I called mazdausa to ask for a price and they said that I need to purchase through a dealer. I called a dealer and then they told me it depends. You already know what that means. They are gonna try to overcharge me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I tried to get an aftermarket warranty on mine (03 6s) when I first bought it...it had 35k miles on it and it was comparable to the factory one. It was for 5 years or until I hit 100k miles and cost around $1700 with a $0 deductible which comes in handy. I got it from aaautowarranty.com because they were the cheapest by about $500. The thing is, many of the dealerships buy the warranties from companies like these and then jack up the price through the roof. The best thing about warranties like this one is that you can go to any ase certified shop and not just get stuck at your local dealer.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
most of those aftermarket companies are total BS. do some serious research before dropping cash on one.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Yeah it's an 06. I called mazdausa to ask for a price and they said that I need to purchase through a dealer. I called a dealer and then they told me it depends. You already know what that means. They are gonna try to overcharge me.
They said that because there are a few different options you can go with depending on the years and miles covered, as well as what is covered. I bought their premium what it was, which includes everything... it's a full btb warranty for 7 years (from in-service date, so 2013) or 100,000 miles. The one I have even covers busted rims/wheels as well as auto rental. It cost a grip.

What sucks is that now that I've got several mods, it isn't worth me reverting to stock for something minor. I'm probably only going to use it if my turbo burns out, or my engine blows. If you're stock though and plan on keeping it that way, I think it's a good idea. And def go with the Mazda one. You can go to any authorized speed dealer. The aftermarket ones are a crap shoot. There are some reputable ones, but most I've read about sell you a policy and then deny the claim on some technicality.. lots of fine print.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I bought one when I bought the car. It wasn't cheap.
It seems to vary dealer to dealer, even for the same coverage.
There was once a thread a couple years ago where folks were posting what they paid, and for what coverage.
Let's just say I over payed! :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
You can check this site out...

Extended Mazda Warranty - Factory authorized extended car warranty plan for Mazda vehicles

Click on Price and Purchase..

From what I understand... it is the Mazda EPP plan.

I did a bit of research and I'm pretty sure any Mazda Dealer can sell you the Mazda EPP plan. You don't have to get it where you purchased the vehicle.

I have a 2007 Sport with 20,000 miles and I'm thinking about it.

BUT.. They're like anyone else, their job is to NOT pay you for a repair.

FYI, I had the Mazda plan on my 90 626GT and the a front axle went away. I always had it in for the regular checkups but I heard a clicking noise one day and brought it in the next day.

I was surprised when the service rep called me. He said they they refused the claim because....even though the axles were specifically covered as well as the boots, they said there was a small crack in the boot which probably leaked grease causing the failure of the axle. The clause is mentioned in the "Lack of Lubrication" section.

I'm pretty sure those guys are paid a commission on what they DON'T pay out!!

Let the Buyer beware...

·
Registered
311 Posts
I asked a dealer and they tried to charge me around $2400 for a third party... called another dealer up and specifically asked many times if this was the Mazda warranty over the phone. I went in and asked again, the guy says yes, but then hands me the same brochure I got from the first dealership. I walked out. I'm going to try calling Mazda and see where they can point me to get their warranty. I read up a little on those third party warranty companies and seem very shady. Lots of fine print that leads to them not covering anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Mazda Extended Warranty from my dealer. It was $2446 w/o tax. This extended my factory warranty for 48 months or 85,000 miles. A 60 month/100000 warranty ran about $3200+. I still have the pricing guide if you would want the number I got. This is the same warranty you get from the factory when new.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased a 10 year/100,000 mile total care package from my dealership for $2000, though I'm sure it differs for the speed6. Takes the warranty on my 07 6i all the way to 2019. I plan on keeping this car for the long haul, so it was well worth it to me. The extras included were awesome as well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
So I called up Mazda and they said they actually use a third party for their extended warranty. They're called Easy Care. I'm supposed to talk to them later today, but looking at their site they have the same tiers of coverage Mazda has on their site.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Put aside money each month into a separate savings account, and when you need it, it's there. That's what I was told when I asked the same thing you are asking :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Put aside money each month into a separate savings account, and when you need it, it's there. That's what I was told when I asked the same thing you are asking :)
That's good advice. The extended warranties almost never cover the things that are likely to break, and many are worded in such a way that they don't end up covering the things you think they do (or only pay a small fraction of the actual cost).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Custom Edge extended warranty: worth it?

I paid $1940 for a Custom Edge extended warranty from Warrantech when I bought my 2010 Mazda6 yesterday. I have 60 days to decide whether to keep it, or cancel for a full refund. I am leaning toward cancelling it, here's why:

Pros:
* 120,000 miles/96 months
* "What's Covered" appears to be a long list
* Full refund after 96 months if I didn't use the warranty (without interest, of course)
* Transferable to a new owner for $50

Cons:
* All scheduled maintenance must be performed on schedule, with receipts
* "What's Not Covered" is also a long list, including every possible replaceable/consumable/wear & tear item
* Radio/CD player not covered (I don't have Bluetooth)
* Finance manager changed deductible from $0 to $200 by hand on contract

My suspicion is that if I try to make a claim seven years from now, I'm going to be told that the broken item isn't covered for some inconceivable reason, or that because I didn't replace my cabin air filter on time, the warranty is void.

Anyone have an opinion? :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts