Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are all the inputs?

I think my wife is buying me the Sirius receiver for Christmas. SO does that mean no tape player? If not has anyone used the tape player for another input?

The reason I ask is that I'd like to eventually add a DVD player to my 6.

Anyone have any suggestions? Searching revealed nothing worthwhile.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the sirius & cd changer use the same 16pin connector on the back of the HU. this is also the same input that the Audio-Link, mazda iPod input device and other aux-ins use.

the tape, mini-disc & AuxMod use an electrical connector on the bottom of the radio.

it is possibe to use the 16pin and bottom connetor at the same time, but you cannot use two devices that require the same input.

·
Registered
375 Posts
fist thing here.... does the reciever even have dvd capabilities?

second... do they even make tape players still? j/k
yes if you have a tape player you can get the tape player adapter to plug anything into ( ipod, cd player, minidisk )

most of the sirius players transmitt a signal at whatever frequency you want... so if you tell it you want it to transmit at 88.9fm then you turn your radio to 88.9fm and you hear what your siruis is playing.

here is my suggestion. get the metra kit, get a great head unit that has sirius hd radio cd dvd and ipod compatability all in one. then later on down the road you can buy the screens dor the dvd player part and not have to worry about a messy install and compatability issues with anything. but i like to do things right the first time

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
:tear: no kit for 06, and even if it comes it will look nothing like the piano black interior.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Get the AUXMOD, FM modulation is ass. Hardwire the Sirius to the HU via AUXMOD and a GOOD audio cable, not the cheap radioshack crap.

·
Registered
412 Posts
if u want to get an in-dash DVD play eventually, metra kit is the only option.

a new DVD capable deck will most likely be sat-ready, or at least have an aux-in, so u needn't worry.

If you wanted to say, add a screen in the map-pocket, route a carputer or somthing similar to the screen for DVD capability, then you would be in for a much more complicated, and probably expensive, situation.

//EDIT wait, you have navi... and u have an '06.. nevermind, i have no idea for that car..... haha. no metra kit, at least for auto-climate controls. I've read some got the manual to work..

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have the aux mod hooked up to the AUX of the head unit, it plugs into anything that has a headphone jack. I have the wire coming out just behind the cup holder. I typically use this for my Ipod.
I'm in the process of putting together a CarPC with a screen in the nav pocket, and run the PC into the AUX in.

·
Registered
571 Posts
This is a good thread! I am a big fan of SIRIUS, Ive had my 6 for 2 weeks and I want to get the Sirius but the stock one, if I do that can I still add the ipod adapter?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
no, you cannot run the stock siruis & the ipod adapter. they both input through the same 16pin adapter on the HU. it's an either/or. just about any other aux-in, other than the auxmod, also uses the 16pin connector so you couldn't use any of them either.

see this thread as well: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=61195

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
no, you cannot run the stock siruis & the ipod adapter. they both input through the same 16pin adapter on the HU. it's an either/or. just about any other aux-in, other than the auxmod, also uses the 16pin connector so you couldn't use any of them either.

see this thread as well: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=61195
[/b]

Do the AUXMOD. I installed the OEM Mazda Sirius, and I didn't touch the AUXMOD that I had already installed.

In fact I left the AUXMOD connected, and left the input wire. I use it for my ZUNE.

Works great!

·
Registered
571 Posts
THANKS! NOW ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE SAME AUX MOD SOLD ON EBAY!? UM HERE IS A LINK...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-AAI-MAZ-iPOD-MP3-X...1QQcmdZViewItem

IS THIS THE ONE THAT YOU HAVE FRANCHIZE? I HAVE AN 06 SO I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I AM GONNA GET THE RIGHT THING. CUZ I NEED MY MP3 PLAYER CUZ THE STOCK UNIT IS JUST CD'S AND I GOTS TO HAVE MY SIRIUS BUT DONT WANT CRAP STUCK ON THE WINDSHIELD OR ON THE DASH!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It works great.

I believe they are always backordered, although I think there is a batch coming out soon. I'd make a decision soon or it will be made for you.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
frankly if you're looking to input audio only it's the best/cheapest way to go. many have commented that a ground loop isolator is needed to cut noise. there are a couple of threads floating around on this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If the auxmod runs on the TAPE input... can u still run the AUDIOLINK as well???

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If the auxmod runs on the TAPE input... can u still run the AUDIOLINK as well???
[/b]
yes.

2 different inputs: 16 pin on back of radio & interface underneath radio.

if you use the AudioLink you get two inputs: either USB or iPod + 3.5mm mini stereo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts