Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
are you sure that this temp is not the water temp? idkn how its on 2010 mazda 6 , but on my 2004 6s torque shows trans/water temp same. i mean there is no real trans temp that torque can read... need PID's for that.

·
Registered
375 Posts
well when i had my SCII,it did show me the trans temp...

with b&m cooler , hottest summer day i saw 183 or 187 i guess,but thats with a cooler...

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
So is my reading of 195F normal then for the 5-speed A/T? The Torque app can get both coolant and trans temps. My coolant temp was around 187F.
cant understand the question....

you do have an A/T and you do have normal readings.... what is the question ?

nice to see that torque works for you... on 2004 it does not show the temp :(

·
Registered
375 Posts
I was just wanting to make sure my reading of 195F for the A/T was normal. You confirmed it.
i dont know if its right but take a look at the pictures where it show at what temp / miles the car will go ...

i would say .. if you are worried about you trans and want to help it go more miles before fail ,install a trans cooler,and forget about trans fail because of heat.
if you dont drive your car crazy,you are not towing any trailers or heavy weight or you will sell the car next 2-3 years then 195F is ok and no problem :)

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont know if its right but take a look at the pictures where it show at what temp / miles the car will go ...
How do we know these charts mean anything when the company is in the business of selling transmission coolers? Just a thought. I may just call the dealer and see if they'll tell me over the phone.

·
Registered
375 Posts
How do we know these charts mean anything when the company is in the business of selling transmission coolers? Just a thought. I may just call the dealer and see if they'll tell me over the phone.
you are 100% right. i just googled " How does heat affect transmission life?" and saw all that results.

and its a good idea to call and ask. then see for your self ,about all that. mb 2010 mazda 6 is equipped with a tranny that is not afraid of heat at some point of temperature that you can see in that charts.

·
Registered
375 Posts
yes its about the oil in the tranny... but if you run that oil hot all the time the tranny will not stand for long...
there are different types of oil ,but at high temperatures most of oils will loose its properties to lubricate as needed, if you wont change the engine oil after 3-5k miles it looses the properties and will cause the engine to fail
i think its the same as water/coolant temperature in the car.. lets say normal temps ar 190-220, if it will run 230-250 all the time then your car will over heat or you'll get problems with cooling system.
thats how i understand it. im not 100% sure .. will see what other members will tell.

·
Registered
24 Posts
optimal tranny temp in a regular automotive tranny is around 180 degrees with anything consistently over 200 taking away from the overall life expectancy.

220+ is a tranny on its way to heaven soon ... or hell if it's a chevy ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Old thread, but I have a question if anyone sees this. I'm also trying to read tranny fluid temp on the torque pro app, but when I select that option in the app it seems to be reading engine coolant temp. As in the coolant temp and tranny temp are exactly identical (~195). I googled and haven't found anything confirming a tranny temp sensor even exists in the 2nd gen 6 (I have a 2011). Has anyone else been able to read tranny temp somehow? I only ask because the dipstick says to take the reading at 149F, and I'm just curious if I'm in the ball park.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts