Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I change my oil I look at my stock headers and sigh... What pieces of **** they are. I want some new headers no take that back I need some new headers. What are the choices out there for the 3.0 L. Thanks in advance for any info out there

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'll help this guy out without ripping him a new one....CP-E headers are the best ones out for our 3.0's. www.cp-e.com

I wouldnt go any other direction...get their MAFci before you get the headers...you will be in love with the sound it makes sucking in air. If you do a search on CP-E headers and MAFci, you will find a ton of reading material.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
there is also MSDS which can be had through Draxas. it's half the price of the CPE headers, no dyno's for refference yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is also MSDS which can be had through Draxas. it's half the price of the CPE headers, no dyno's for refference yet.
[/b]
I was hoping that there was someone else out there that was making headers for the 6. 800 something dollars is a very steep price for headers. It is even worse when you compare it to domestic model prices.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i honestly don't think $800 is too bad considering how small the market is. if large companies supplied it things would be different, but they don't so we count on the smaller companies to pick up the slack. they do a great job, but having parts fabbed usually costs more when you don't have huge wearhouses like big boys.

here's some links for ref

http://www.cp-e.com/2019.html

https://secure23.bottomlinecom.net/draxas_c...47e41d65e9f9f14

keep in mind the cp-e pieces are long tube, so the power band "should" look a lot better than the MSDS shorties, though peak may not be drastic variance.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
you get what you pay for. do you want some shitty chinese pos?

steel is a lot more expensive than you people think it is. plus, it takes an insane amount of man hours just to create a template.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
given, i agree stainless is top notch, how many companies don't use it for headers....they still work fine, just not as pretty and not as prone to elements. i think the MSDS ones are far from shitty, atom44wat has been running them for a long time and they are doing just fine. is the long tube worth the extra $170? it's up to the consumer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing