Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A merry Hump Day to everyone! So I have been looking into doing some exhaust work on my 18 sport AT. It sounds okayish as it is I just want a wee but more "rawwrrr" when I mash it. Nothing insane, not too ricey. Just a nice mature non-douchey exhaust note. CS obviously is an option, but $700 is a bit out of reach. Is there any recommendations anyone would have to get me what I want for cheap af?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Replacing the muffler is cheap enough, I suppose. I just installed this muffler on my '88 Dodge Daytona and I like it. It's louder and deeper than stock but not what I'd consider annoying or ricey:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Dynomax-17230-Ultra-Welded-Muffler/dp/B00029J39I/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2ZVIRZILIBYZ6&keywords=dynomax+ultra+flow+2.5&qid=1560371941&s=gateway&sprefix=dynamax+ult%2Caps%2C139&sr=8-1[/ame]

·
Rally Racer
1,899 Posts
Ricey
This word no longer has direct connotation to Japanese vehicles, any car can by "ricey" and any Japanese car can be classy. Making a car "ricey" simply means spending the bare minimum on modifications that instead of helping your car perform better, sound better and/or look better, they actually do the opposite.

Douche Bag
Used in Insult Unfamiliar context, (the person isnt there)
A Basic Jerk, A person that does s#&ty, insensitive, and hurtful things without careing.
Often thinks highly of themselves.

Excerpted from Urban Dictionary. Carry On.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Ricey
This word no longer has direct connotation to Japanese vehicles, any car can by "ricey" and any Japanese car can be classy. Making a car "ricey" simply means spending the bare minimum on modifications that instead of helping your car perform better, sound better and/or look better, they actually do the opposite.

Douche Bag
Used in Insult Unfamiliar context, (the person isnt there)
A Basic Jerk, A person that does s#&ty, insensitive, and hurtful things without careing.
Often thinks highly of themselves.

Excerpted from Urban Dictionary. Carry On.
I learned a few things, and some of it I looked up in my dictionary for the correct pronunciation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A merry Hump Day to everyone! So I have been looking into doing some exhaust work on my 18 sport AT. It sounds okayish as it is I just want a wee but more "rawwrrr" when I mash it. Nothing insane, not too ricey. Just a nice mature non-douchey exhaust note. CS obviously is an option, but $700 is a bit out of reach. Is there any recommendations anyone would have to get me what I want for cheap af?
Have you looked at the Tanabe Medallion?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts