Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I didn't really know much about cars until I traded in my civic for my 2008 6 this year.
So I need some input here.
My car is all stock and I recently ordered a MAZDASPEED CAI, it should be here tomorrow.
Now that the engine will be breathing better it makes sense to me I should improve the exhaust as well-but Im not sure the best way how.
Do I need to get a whole new exhaust system? headers? or something else? Keep in mind I just want to complete the car with an all around improved air and gas flow.
I don't have a lot of money to spend I would just like to know the best and most affordable way to improve my exhaust now that my engine will be breathing better.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
698 Posts
If your can still has warranty, you need to buy the Mazdaspeed exhaust kit...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was actually nice it was a 2007, too much of a chick car me though.
Thanks for the response though.
I've looked at the mazdaspeed kit-its a little pricey.
Im not sure what I should be spending though-Im hoping for something cheaper.

·
Registered
698 Posts
What about magnaflow exhaust?
Is this a worthy upgrade?
Never heard one complaint about the magnaflow kit, in fact, only good things, however, like i mentioned, if you can still has warranty, this will more than likely get your car branded, and void your warranty. The Mazdaspeed kit will not void your warranty.
By the way, I am not a spokesperson for Mazda parts, nor do I endorse their products... :D

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
You SHOULD be ok with warranty work if you just have an intake and exhaust. I have a speed6 (means you pretty much have no warranty right off the showroom floor, lol) and the dealer has not said anything about them.

Reactions: MazdaDream
1 - 8 of 8 Posts