Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everybody,

I'm thinking of adding exhaust tips on my 6. I own a sedan (no aero nor sport kit). I noticed that the exhaust pipes are curved at the end.

Pics of the exhaust tips installed on the 6 I see that they are sraight and not slanting down. How does it come? should the pipe be straightened, or does the mazda accessory tips do the trick?

Does anyone have pics of installed exhaust tips on a sedan with standart rear bumper (not the aero/sport/any other)?

Thanx!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Exhaust tips'

My mazda with Mazda exhaust tips (70$ each):

And yes they take away the little bend and goes all the way to the muffler (silencer).

·
Registered
20 Posts

Your 6 is hot Junkan...that pic really makes it look NIIIIIIIICE. The rear looks darn good with the sport type exhaust tips without the rear spoiler. Very very stylish, especially with the clear tail lenses. Sweet car dude. :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Exhaust tips

Good for you he showed just the rear end - otherwise you would have seen that we poor swedes have to runt with 15" rims half the year :)

Anyway about the "magic". As you can see the stick out quite a bit in the rear. I think moste of the thing you see is actually AFTER the "real" tip. Then they have some folding/opening on the upper side of the chrome tips that allows the original tip to "come down"... hard to explain!

:) Could maybe Junkan take some pictures of the install so that we, non-tippers, get an idea of it once and for all :)

·
Registered
350 Posts

Not much are after the real tips, the original tips is fully covered to the muffler so you don't se a single cm of the original end tip.
The new tip even goes over the muffler at the bottom.

Sorry I don't have a digital camera to show you this but Blackbird is all wrong here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

junkan, thanx for the pic! You've got a sweet ride!

Only I wonder if those tips aren't a bit too long. Or maybe it's an effect of the sharp angle of the pic shot... :/

Maybe you can tell for how many cm do the tips get out from under the bumper. 2, 5, 7cm? aprox?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I found a pic of the exhaust tip on the www.mazda.com.au website:

It's a bit strange, as it looks, that the tip ends right before it hides under the bumper. So does the tip really goes untill the very end, or like in this pic? or the Euro tips are longer?

Thanx!

·
Registered
350 Posts

Originally posted by jasha

junkan, thanx for the pic! You've got a sweet ride!

Only I wonder if those tips aren't a bit too long. Or maybe it's an effect of the sharp angle of the pic shot... :/

Maybe you can tell for how many cm do the tips get out from under the bumper. 2, 5, 7cm? aprox?[/b]
3cm from the bottom of the bumper which means it doesn't stick out much at all.

The tip is 15cm on top to the muffler and 23cm to the bottom of the muffler (it goes under the muffler that's why you don't see the original tip at all).
Quite hard to describe, please someone send me a digital camera :D

·
Registered
350 Posts

Originally posted by jasha
It's a bit strange, as it looks, that the tip ends right before it hides under the bumper. So does the tip really goes untill the very end, or like in this pic? or the Euro tips are longer?

Thanx![/b]
The Swedish tips doesn't end but goes all the way to the muffler.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Ahhh... that's good! so probably mine will be the same as it will also come from Scandinavia. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts